FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:30:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Colourful, Beautiful FE adv (38)  (Read 15475 times)
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2003, 10:56:16 AM »

Here's an advert that appeared in the Australian Women's Weekly, October 24, 1956. As is often the case with ads in women's publications, there is a definate slant towards the female interest in making that important car purchase. (Not that there's anything wrong with that) You may have seen this advert before, as it was also used on a postcard a few years back.

Colourful.......beautiful.
Holden sets a new fashion in family cars.
With their long, low lines and dashing colours, the new Holdens strike a new note in family car styling. Inside, as well as outside, there's new beauty to thrill the eye and protect your investment with a promise of high resale valua in years to come.
And when you add to glamorous good looks these other Holden advantages: superlative new road handling; new wider seating for six; roomier luggage space and outstanding overall economy - you have some of the reasons why your family will enjoy happier, safer motoring in a Holden.

Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 09:27:58 PM by customFC » Logged

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 10:38:16 AM »

This is another of the 2 tone brown FE ads of which GMH made very few.

I have a copy of almost all the GMH letters to dealers advising of new colour schemes.  Unfortunately I dont have the letters from 1956 but from Jan 1957 onwards and 2 tone brown is not listed as an available colour in Jan 1957.  So I can only conclude it ended sometime in 1956.

Ken
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2003, 05:39:04 AM »

That blue/green car looks like Neville's, doesn't it?  A very unusual combination that one.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2003, 09:48:05 AM »

I am now a member of the Craig A POO Club,  While down at Queanbeyan droping off my chrome order, low and behold  Wink, the QBE Swap was on the same weekend.

I found a FE Special Station Sedan, it's the same colours as that add & Cols58 FE Sedan.

I'ts a 98% rust free body, fair interior, good headlining,
original grey motor, shedded from 70's till about 5 years ago when people I rescued it off turned it into a basket case.

Just what I needed, another project  :-/
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2003, 10:31:06 AM »

hey gary    photos please
i supose your looking for a caravan to match

didn't somebody say this colour combination was rare??

Grin

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2003, 10:36:41 PM »

Trev, I have emailed some pics, still too much of a dill  Huh to post here.
Gary
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2003, 12:01:34 AM »

Man.
Look at the waist on that Chick standing next to the car on her own. Maybe she has herself tangled up in the seatbelt!! On the other hand, if all the girls who were buying cars back then were that skinny, you would be able to fit 6 across the front seat alone!!
RJ

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2003, 04:48:58 AM »

MMMM     Rob
  OR the BACK seat   Shocked  Cool

Norm

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2003, 05:36:42 AM »

Man,
I left that one wide open on purpose, as I just knew someone would run with it!! Well done, Norm Grin
RJ

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
normd

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2003, 09:18:24 AM »

Rob
   Hook , Line , sinker and  mmm? ? ? ?   mind Grin

Norm

COL58FE

FE225

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2003, 10:20:31 AM »

;)hi everyone,just one thing i'm still mistified about what KEN said that the two tone brown mayhave stopped in 1956 when mine is a 1958,only if we could all find out that mystery info we need.makes me wonder why it was deleted in 1956 and then some well atleast one was painted in 1958 in this colour scheme hmmm Roll Eyes ???COL58FE 8)p.s thanks for another great pic too. i also noticed that the inside of the doors are light brown same as the outside,on mine the inside of the doors are dark brown and the outside lightbrown could this be the difference between a 56 and 58 who knows but that's my case for now thank's again... ;)oh yeh wish my car came with an option like that (nasco)not...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2003, 10:26:13 AM by dawry351 » Logged
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2003, 12:42:09 PM »

Hi COL58FE, If it makes you feel any better, the FE Wagon I just found is the same colours as yours, and the numbers put it at around April 58 production.

A lot of time, research and hard work has obviously gone into producing the template that allows us to obtain the production information for our models.

It is probably a work in progress and compiling all the data, from FE - FC owners and enthusists all over Austrailia, over a long period of time with limited records from GMH is no small ask.

I am sure everyone is grateful for the resourse, I have used it constantly to check & verify all the cars that I have an interest in and have found it to be invaluable.

Now COL, when are we going to see some pics of your new poo! mobile that is.

Gary

PS I can email pics of my FE Wagon Poo to any one who will post them for me. Hellllp.
craiga
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2003, 08:13:50 PM »

Gary,

Email them to myself tbc_it@bigpond.net.au or RET and we'll post them up for you.

When was that computer lesson happening again.......  Grin

Cheers,

Craig.
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2003, 04:52:17 AM »

Thanks Craig but Trev has put some on for me, yeah I know, when am I going to get some decent software.
Regards, Gary
craiga
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2003, 05:03:35 AM »

Gary,

Download this application http://www.irfanview.com/ This is a great package, and very easy to use - and free. Two clicks and you can resize your image for uploading.

Cheers,

Craig.
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2003, 07:13:23 AM »

hi gary & craig     the method i use for posting pics is fairly simple     i say "would you mind posting some more photos for me ,please dear"   &  she says" on that bloody fc forum again....i'll do it if i can use the computer for a while"  
                      cheers trev
     ps  you have to time it right & ask nicely Roll Eyes

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
COL58FE

FE225

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2003, 07:41:55 AM »

8)hi fella's yes i know we all need to finally see those pic's of the poo mobile,sorry but i can send some pic's to someone who will scan them and send them  so we can all see it finally.any offer's phone me on 0408265943 or email me on   COL58FE@hotmail.com  or until i can buy a digi camera ya's will have to wait. ::)p.s nice poo wagan zulu i left some wagan I.D info for KEN on ya page too. ;)COL58FE Cool
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2003, 09:45:00 AM »

The blue and green car is Royal Marine and Leon Green.  Another rare colour !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By saying this I know that at least 2 or 3 should pop up out of the woodwork Grin

But seriously I have no photos of this colour scheme and only 3 ID plates.  Any help appreciated

Like the 2 tone brown cars, The paint scheme does not appear in the GMH letters, but obviously it was used on some cars in production through 1956, 57 and 58
REgards  Ken
normd

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2003, 01:40:37 PM »

Sorry to Hi-Jack these replies
    But Craig listed the link before for the software  , my old computer wouldn't show .JPG files , since downloading "irfanview" I haven't missed one photo , I can highly recommend it (small file too)
Thanks Craig  Smiley

Norm

lucky_gwen

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 09:46:20 PM »

I am now a member of the Craig A POO Club,  While down at Queanbeyan droping off my chrome order, low and behold  Wink, the QBE Swap was on the same weekend.

I found a FE Special Station Sedan, it's the same colours as that add & Cols58 FE Sedan.

I'ts a 98% rust free body, fair interior, good headlining,
original grey motor, shedded from 70's till about 5 years ago when people I rescued it off turned it into a basket case.

Just what I needed, another project  :-/

Zulu, I am the one you bought the FE wagon from, was just wondering if you have finished it off yet. If so would you have any photos of it.

Thanks
Janette
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: