FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:50:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hayshed FC  (Read 131193 times)
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2009, 05:28:08 PM »

The motor is finnished all bar accessaries, the Jack Meyers headers are off to be HPC coated along with the manifold. My new electronic dizzy is being made as we speak and i should have it in a few days. I am concentrating on getting the floors done at the moment then the electrical, because the Rats ate it. Then i will get the brakes and running gear done, and we will be somewhere near how i want the car to end up.
  I will update as i go so i will catch you all then,
                                                               Cheers Scott
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2009, 05:32:08 PM »

Oh, by the way the house in the background, it was the last project i took on. Now its finished i can concentrate on the cars again,
                                 Cheers Scott    Grin Grin
ps; to Ed no 
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2009, 05:40:06 PM »

No Ed, no Chev this time thats old hat now anyway Grin Wink, they're turning up everywhere. Anyway i already have 2. Why not go back to the beginning and play with the things they yousto in the 60's and 70's. It's going to be a FUN car that i'm not going to be as worried about compared to the Pride & Joy.
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2009, 07:33:45 PM »

Scott

The old girl should be great, good to see that you are putting a warm grey into it. I also think that the V8's have run their course, my FC will have a red 6, with 4 speed but will essentially be what was around in he '70's.

I wouldn't mind seing a close up of how you have converted your grey from bypass to full flow oil filters if you don't mind. Everyone seems to do it a little differently.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2009, 09:32:22 AM »

The flow through filter set up was already done before i got the engine, i just bent up some stainless tube for it. This engine was originally built in the 70's as a hotty, and since then it just sat around in the FC that just rusted away. Then i got hold of it and pulled it down and found that the circlip on no5 gudgeon pin had broken and run a groove in the bore and piston. I striped the rest of the engine and sent it to a machinist who sleeved that cylinder and honed the rest. I couldn't get just one piston so i had to get a set. with new rings and bearings and the deck shaved, the head had already been ported so i just had it faced and red motor valves fitted with hardened inserts and double valve springs, it should hammer. It also had a Wade 112 cam in it so i've kept that. The whole bottom end has been balanced, from clutch to balancer. The flow thru filter has definitly helped this engine in its previos life, which has helped me with the rebuild. I am really looking forward to giving this thing a bit of stick to see how well it goes.
weddo
tas-club

Model: FC

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2009, 12:20:55 PM »

Well done Scott,

Great to see another modified grey. Port match your head to your manifolds if not already done and the motor will breath a lot easier and rev a lot further. It will be interesting to see what RWHP you develop if you get a chance to dyno the motor. I get 100hp at the rear wheels with not much more done to mine.
Who is doing your electronic dizzy?

Go the greys!!

regards
Weddo
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2009, 04:42:32 PM »

I get Dick at Scorcher to do my dizzy's. I've had no problems with his stuff. A few years ago the FE/FC Club of Vic went to his factory for a tech night, and it was very impressive. He makes a whole new dizzy accept the cam gear, you have to send it down to him. I'm actualy getting 2 done, the other is for the Grey motor i'm building for my FE Wagon.
                                                                  Cheers Scott
Neat_FE_Wagon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2009, 09:26:25 PM »

Scott,

Good choice having the dizzy done by scorcher.  i've just changed the dizzy in mine to electronic and it was done by them as well.  Runs beautifully, the advance curve seems spot on.  It got even better when I changed all the leads and coil to MSD parts and put Iridium plugs in it.

Regards

Tim

GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2009, 05:33:35 PM »

I thought i would continue on this thread seeing as it was the original thread. Does anyone know how to transfer the photos from the other Hayshed FC thread? It would be great to get all the photos together so the progress can be seen completely.
  Here are some more current photos. There is progress but it is slow due to Famliy, Footy season and work commitments.

I am slowly getting the Engine back together, i have just washed the engine bay now i am going to pull the front end out to clean it up and check everything, and while the front end is out i'm going to get underneath and clean it up and paint it. Anyway i'll keep you all posted on the progress,
                               Cheers Scott
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2009, 09:02:08 PM »

Very, very cool Scott.How do these headers keep popping up around the place?Keep up the updates.Cheers,Jamie  Cool

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2009, 09:04:18 PM »

Nice progress Scott.
Keep at it, should be back on the road and doing laps down Main St before you know it.
Regards
Alex

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2009, 09:11:59 PM »

Does anyone know how to transfer the photos from the other Hayshed FC thread?
Your wish ..... (topics merged)

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2009, 11:04:27 PM »

Very, very cool Scott.How do these headers keep popping up around the place?Keep up the updates.Cheers,Jamie  Cool

IIRC there was a set on your motor too, Jamie Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2009, 05:26:10 PM »

I wish there were a set on my motor,mine are Speco's and I don't think are quite as collectable but I'm not complaining. Wink

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2009, 07:26:51 PM »

I don't know, I know Jack Meyers Headers are sought after, but so are Speco's. Have a look at what these sold for.

Ebay Item #130308466240

Keith.

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2009, 08:28:23 PM »

I stand corrected... Shocked

GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2009, 09:49:25 AM »

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE: Here are a few photos of some recent work i have achieved. Sorry about the photo quality, they were taken with my mobile.

These were taken a week ago after i took the front end out. I have more, i just need to download them off my camera. I will post them soon. Just letting you all know that there is still progress being made. Still hope to get the FC to Orange.
                               Cheers Scott
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2009, 04:59:15 PM »

spectacular wheel stand there Scott!  Grin Grin

in the shed
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2009, 09:19:07 AM »

And this is how she looks after the weekend
    This is me doing the dirty work.

The car all masked up.

And the final result.

Now, i will put an old front end under it,to move it around while i am rebuilding the original front end, then i can turn the car around and lift it up and pull the diff, suspension and tank out, then finish painting the back half of the car.

This is starting to sound like a plan!!!!

Cheers Scott
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2009, 04:31:58 PM »

Unfortunatly due to Summer coming on i was informed that i promised a swimming pool for the Kids this Summer, so i haved been dragged away kicking and screaming from the FC but i will get this damn pool done as quick as i can so i can get back into the FC. I am starting to understand why blokes call there wives "Handbrakes". They are always holding us blokes back. Grin Grin Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: