FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:22:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 1958 FC Sedan  (Read 6706 times)
Addo

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2012, 11:21:43 AM »

I am having an anxiety attack just starting this thread. I have come to the realisation that I will never do anymore with my old girl and the years of sitting in the garage and being driven twice a year just doesn't do it justice.
I have thought about moving her on many times but all I have to do is start her up and move her out of the garage with the CD playing rock & roll and I put her back and say No Way! But I am not getting any younger and being an old school Fc'er from the early 80's it is extremely difficult to finally put this up.
She has been with me for about 10 years. I found her under a carport in blacktown unregistered but in remarkable shape. She has been done up maybe 15-20 years ago and some of you may know her origins.
She has all the old school gear plus some, All updated and/or fitted by me. HR disc front end, M21 4 speed, roller rockers, Hr rear axle, thermo fan, HQ Chev v8 radiator, electronic ignition triggered by Mallory twin point dissy( only one set of points active as trigger) Head work, reco 202, lightened flywheel, balanced,mild cam, manufactured alloy rocker cover to clear rockers, 4 barrel vacuum Holley, extractors and 2 1/2 system.
She is not perfect but a really good drive car, some small spots of rust coming through but what you see is what you get. The front subframe was removed and fully recoed professionally, (paintstripped, rust sections grafted in and reinforced and painted in 2k.
The biggest problem I have driving her is the clutch, being old and nostalgic I put a heavy duty 1 toner clutch in( like we did in the old days) but alas, I am now 50 and not 20 and my left knee doesn't hold up in traffic at all. A lighter clutch would improve things no end.
She is Pink and white with white 13x7" rims
If you want to fully restore an FC pick another one as the overall cost will kill but if you want to do a few touchups and mods and drive a real old school girl this is for you.
Located in the Blue Mountains NSW and I think maybe something like $9500 neg as is.
Full NSW rego with 202 size & engine number listed on papers.
Been so long since I posted on forum I have no idea how to add picks but have them on hand when I figure it out.
Addo.

Addo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 12:57:36 PM »

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/addofc/
Loaded them to photobucket, does this help?
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

Model: FC

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 01:14:31 PM »

This will give people the idea.

Rgds Wayne b
Addo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 03:10:58 PM »

Thanks Wayne, much appreciated.
Addo
fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 03:33:09 PM »

Put an auto in it & keep it !
Addo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 12:25:54 PM »

OK Tried the water at $9500 and it was like ice, Anyone interested at $8000?
59steel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 07:08:35 AM »

Hi, any chance you could send me a contact phone number and a suitable time to ring, thanks.
Addo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 05:23:05 PM »

Deposit taken. Thanks everyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: