FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:19:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: New to the site.  (Read 1269 times)
The Phantom

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2011, 01:01:16 PM »

Hi Guys I'm new to the site. I accidentally got onto it through a link 3 FC's I think. It was really interesting reading about them. Especailly  Alan hale Chev powered FC. I beleive it was one of the first V8's??. I was wondering if anyone had photos of the early Street machine nationals, Shepparton etc. Especially Burnouts. I'm actually building a Mk 3 Zephyr, but my Panel Beater Mate Joe Agius of Melton is building up an FC ute. The car was probably only good for spares but he reckons it was going to test him, LOL!. The floor has mostly gone, and it sagged as they put it on trailor. It sagged a little more when tyed down, finally its back broke when taken off the trailor in melton. His Brother went to look at another one, which he felt was tooo good for what he wanted so they left that one. The Guy selling it told told them he had another one for spares if they wanted it. It wasnt much better, but the sills and a few other areas were better than Joes. He cut the sills out and restored them on the bench then measured up the car then welded the restored sills in and started rebuilding the car. Its amazing what hes acheived with such a mess. I'd hate to know the cost if you paid someone to do it. I must get over there to check out the progress. He also built up an EK FB wagon for his Cousin, which has won a few trophies. Hes also got an FB sedan which he brought back from the dead. Not to mention the EJ panel van hes doing up with the help of his Son, Lee. Now that one looks awsome.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: