FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:35:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rear Venetian Mounting  (Read 3004 times)
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2003, 10:39:21 PM »

I'm stripping & repainting the venetian for the FE sedan.

It is the 'straight cut sides' model.   I've rewelded a couple of loose blades, and it's now ready for cleaning.

What is missing from the attach point at the bottom?  (see photo).  Should there be a right angle bracket which fits between the window rubber and the glass & then adjusts up & down the bolt by adding a few extra nuts?

I suppose these blinds are normally painted white or black.  I was thinking of adding a touch of light blue to match the car.  Would this look poxy?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2003, 10:43:04 PM by shayne » Logged

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2003, 11:02:13 PM »

Shayne, Love the dust storm pic, if you have an email address, send it via a PM & I'll send you a picture of the  original part, you will be able to make it easy.
Gary
Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 05:56:45 AM »

The foot that goes with the rear venetian is about 40 mm long bent at both ends about 45 degrees (about 10 mm in from each end).  A drilled recess was located near the centre for the long bolt to screw into.  The nut is a lock nut.
The bracket was seated on the rear shelf and against the window rubber.
It was prone to vibrating off.  The examples I have, have an over size nut welded on to the bracket to help locate the stud, and a piece of 4 mm dia x 50 mm long rod welded on the back at right angles (sits under the window rubber) to stop the assembly from rotating.
When I get a chance I will post a photo of the unit.
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2003, 11:36:30 PM »

Hey Shayne,
Here's a pic.
Regards ACE Cool
Shayne
qld-club

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2003, 11:43:33 PM »

Thanks Ace,
I've got the venetian painted & fitted up thanks to the info from Zulu.

Zulu, i meant to post the pics you sent me here for anyone else, but Ace has saved me the trouble. Wink

I added a touch of blue paint to the venetian, and it came up well.  Matches the blue car nicely (i reckon)

Grin

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2003, 07:42:33 AM »

Last week I described how I modified the Bracket:
The bracket was seated on the rear shelf and against the window rubber. It was prone to vibrating off.  The examples I have, had an over size nut welded on to the bracket to help locate the stud, and a piece of 4 mm dia x 50 mm long rod welded on the back at right angles (sits under the window rubber) to stop the assembly from rotating.
(Very similiar to drawing posted recently)
The image shows how 'agricultural' the modification is.  I painted the whole venetian light green to complement the 'Desert Tan / Copper' Car colour.  I painted the venetian on my 'Elk Blue' Car dark blue. Still have both, and they don't look too bad.
I will polish up the quality (35yrs later) before putting them back in the car.
Geoff_K
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: