FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:59:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Gearbox gear and miscellaneous  (Read 1462 times)
tmudie

Back on the road again

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2004, 01:14:11 AM »

Hi All,

My standard 3 speed manual gearbox in one of my FC's is shot. I took an old gearbox I had in the garage (condition unknown) to a local engineer for a rebuild. He has stripped it down and some of the gears are worn and he doesn't recommend putting them back in. I had a few gears and bearings in a box that I have taken to him, but he still needs first gear and some "other bits".

Does anybody have a similar box of "gearbox bits" that they want to get rid of and I can pick up for either cash, beer or as a free clean up offer (prefered) that we take a look at and salvage the best of what I collect to put into the rebuild?

Thanks, I'm in Sydney North Shore.

Tony
0402 891 337

I hope I wear as well as my FC Holden
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 01:30:05 AM »

Tony.
I have a stack of excellent secondhand gears that you need. I also have a couple of NOS input shafts, counter gears, first reverse & second gears. I will need some for my FB, but what I don't need, you can have.
I still owe you some stuff, so we can work it out. Email me at r2t2@bigpond.com.au & I can pack what you need, with that EH power steering stuff as well.
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
tmudie

Back on the road again

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 09:08:20 AM »

terrific, ok i'll go see my engineer and take some digital shots of the bits i need just to be sure. thanks

tony

I hope I wear as well as my FC Holden
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: