FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 18, 2024, 09:14:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: help needed  (Read 1547 times)
Damo58

old holdens never die they just go faster  :)

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2008, 09:22:33 PM »

G'day all Well it finaly happened i spat the shits with the panel beater today the guy has had the car for nearly six months and has come up with more excuses than my kids trying to get out of washing up after tea Grin so i went and got it back so what i am asking is what is the best way to strip the car back to bare metal at home in the shed like what is the best thing to use orbital sander or hand sanding i dont have any way of getting the car sandblasted so doing it my self will be more rewarding what is the better primer how does high fill work and how should it  all be done i know it is a lot to ask but i dont want to stuff it up and have to do it again

Cheers Damo58

Iam good just ask me Smiley
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 09:59:26 PM »

Damo58 PAINT STRIPPER  strip the roof first and then clean it up with a nylon scourer and thinners then Deoxidine  {metal conditioner] to remove any rust that has formed The next step will depend on the type of paint that you chose 1K or 2k  if 1k etch prime if 2K wash primer then move on to the quarter panels and so on till all the shell is in either etch or wash primer  OR the alternitave  I get this clear liquid rust preventive sealer that the sand blaster uses after he blasts to stop it rusting you can use it to seal the metal till you get back to repairs will protect it for a couple of years if the car is stored indoors  and can be brushed or sprayed on .......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: