FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:37:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE Bonnet release  (Read 2177 times)
igrift

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2007, 01:55:02 AM »

Hello all,
I was wondering if any of you had experience the fun problem of having the bonnet release cable break at BOTH ends? Any ideas on how to get the bonnet open without it? Basically the release knob has sheared off at the end of the handle and it feels like the cable is not actually attached at the latch end due to the fact it just pulls through. I have a replacement cable ready to put in, but cannot see (it's fun weather to be doing this) an easy way to open the bonnet without the cable.
Any ideas - what needs to be removed to get to it? Is there a simple solution i just can't see???

Thanks

Dave
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 02:10:02 AM »

Hi Dave, You can use a long thin screwdriver between the bonnet and bonnet lock panel.Insert the screwdriver to the centre the of the bonnet and move it to the drivers side. This should pick up the bonnet catch lever and open the bonnet. Wink You may be able to see the bonnet catch lever with a torch.
Hope this Helps,
Regards ACE  Cool
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 02:16:54 AM by ACE » Logged
FC_UTE_BEN

Aiways lookin 4 bits!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 04:16:08 AM »

I have had the same problem.

If you do not have a the right screwdriver you could try getting a wire coat hanger don't cut it or undo the twist grab the hook and the middle of the bottom and stretch it to a long loop. Feed the loop end in between bonet and lock pannel then over the raised part of bonnet catch lever. Then pull across the front of car.(mind the paint!)

Worked 4 me..
Ben..

Aiways lookin 4 bits!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: