FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:10:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Grey motor electronic distributor  (Read 38010 times)
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 04:48:24 PM »

chunky WEY cam

What does the WEY stand for?

Regards
Alex

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 07:29:02 PM »

Dosen't it stand for Waggot Engineering Yagoona ?
SSFX

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 10:07:25 PM »

Yes, pretty sure WEY is Waggot engineering. not sure what you mean by full mechanical advance, is this a good thing? all i am trying to do is rebuild an engine that was hotrodded many years ago, with no record or idea of what has been modified (and this extends to the body and running gear too), and no idea if it was a Good mod or a Bad one. best bet i have is the vehicle was a absolute ball tearer, but i am really struggling with the engine, as this is the very first one i have ever built up. thanks for the help, sure i will be back with many more questions.
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 09:02:53 PM »

I used the Car Inc Warehouse and in 7 days for $120 Aus it was on my doorstop. http://www.carshopinc.com/index.php/cPath/21_24_22/page/3 ($77.95 US). Also managed to get a SBC fuel pump as well. All good.

Thanks for the tips.

Wayne
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2010, 09:12:27 PM »

Thought I would give a little update after some further research. As mentioned in a previous post I did install a pertronic kit and 18 months later it hasn't missed a beat.

I have gone back and matched the mercedes distributor with corresponding unit which used the same pertronix module as the trusty grey. I then went to http://www.hot-spark.com/1-Bosch-Distributors.htm which I made mention in a previous post. It now seems that they produce a kit for the corresponding mercedes unit hence the grey. The kit number is3BOS6V2. Now at $59.99 with $26 (US) postage if anyone is after a cheaper option than the pertronix, this kit maybe the way to go. With the Aussie $ on almost parity with the us, I might order a kit and keep it as a spare at that cost.

I hope the info is of interest.

Rod
GreyFC

Model: other Holden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2014, 11:35:28 AM »

Just FYI I have a modified Falcon electroci dizzy for my EJ.  My uncle machined the shafts.

thecanoeguy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 02:34:34 PM »

hello , has anyone used the kits from GMHNASCO on ebay ,   they are an aussie product , anyone from ere make em
cheers dave
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: