FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:19:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Supercharging  (Read 14787 times)
Paul Kelly
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2003, 11:11:55 AM »

Found your photos of interest.
Some I havnt seen in many years.
You give no reference to there origins.
See you have a couple of Lindsay Wilsons motors shown.
He is a great source of information on modified greys especially blown and injected.As you would be aware of owning one of these blowers, the two tags on the tappet cover of his daily driven Blown EK wagon are from his land speed setting times on the salt, that still stand ( I think)
Jim D
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2004, 06:46:52 AM »

HEY GUYS JUST READ THE NORMAN ARTICLE ON SUPERCHARGING AND FOUND IT VERY INTERESTING
I AM A HUGE FAN OF GREY MOTORS AND HAVE A WARM GREY IN MY EK, HOWEVER FINDING AFFORDABLE PERFORMANCE PARTS AND INFORMATION FOR THESE MOTORS IS GETTING PRETTY HARD. I HAVE A SMALL COLLECTION OF GO FAST PARTS FOR THE GREY AND PLAN TO BUILD UP A HOT GREY ONE DAY, HOWEVER RECENTLY I AQUIRED A FUEL INJECTION SETUP FOR A HOLDEN BLUE/BLACK MOTOR AND PLAN TO USE IT IN CONJUNCTION WITH A TOYOTA ROOTS TYPE BLOWER SIMILAR TO ROD HATFIELDS KIT. THE PLAN IS TO USE THE BLOWER TO FEED THE FUEL INJECTION MANIFOLD VIA AN INTERCOOLER WHICH WILL POWER A FAIRLY STOCK 202 WITH A FEW MODS SUCH AS FORGED PISTONS, ALLOY TIMING GEARS,EXTRACTORS, MABY SOME HEADWORK ROLLER ROCKERS ECT. I PLAN TO RUN THE BLOWER AT A SUITABLE RATIO TO GAIN ABOUT 5-7 POUNDS BOOST. THE WHOLE LOT WILL BE DROPPED INTO A CUSTOM EK WITH CHASIS MODIFICATIONS. I DONT WANT A FULLY BLOWN RACE MOTOR BUT WOULD LIKE SOMTHING SUITABLE FOR STREET USE WITH ENOUGH POWER TO SCARE MYSELF AND STILL BE REASONABLY RELIABLE. SORRY FOR WRITTING A HUGE STORY BUT I HAVE NOT HAD MUCH EXPERIENCE IN SUPER CHARGING ONLY HAVING MUCKED AROUND WITH MULTI CARB GREYS AND STRAIT EIGHTS. I WOULD MUCH APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE THAT ANBODY COULD GIVE ME ABOUT THIS PROJECT AND ANY IMPLICATIONS WHICH I MAY HAVE .
THANKS JIMBO
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2005, 11:07:27 AM »

hey jim, if you ever come back to the forum, can you let us know how you went? I believe it can be tricky to use the vk injection, maybe a aftermarket computer is necassary, however you coluld probably use the superchargers clutch with this set up.

bent8-58

The older it gets-the slower it was!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2005, 09:48:28 AM »

Hey guys,  just thought you might be interested,on the subject of turbo's a good mate of mine has been playing with a turbo red motor for a few years now,making most of the stuff himself, & (like most of us honest  poor people) scrounging the swap meets for most  of the stuff.  He's tried many different set-up's over the years, & currently his LC streeter is running 11.6's over the 1/4.
At the moment he's given in to the  technology demons & is fitting throttle body EFI,computer & a intercooler,some people(& true revheads) are never satisfied!
Prior to this he has tried a single 1 3/4" su ,twin 1 3/4" su's, a single 2" su, a 48mm( l think) weber, & until recently a 650 double-pumper Holley along with all the other tricks like water injection etc. etc. The biggest problem has been gaskets letting go,mainly head gaskets,copper head gaskets have been moderately successful,but now he's found carbon-fibre to be the way to go for not much difference in price,obviously he's running pretty serious boost in this thing,but man it goes! l've been in many a tough car but this little Torry feels like its being pushed from behind towards the horizon! lts probably because compared to most cars doing these speeds this thing is extremely quiet!
Talk about stealth mode!           Daz

I LOVE CATS.....BUT I CANT EAT A WHOLE ONE BY MYSELF.
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2005, 10:05:30 AM »

sounds like teh torrie's got some power Grin Grin Grin

is there any chance you would know what brand turbo it has on it, and it may be asking for a lot but are there any pics of the motor/turbo and the way it has been setup.

cheers
torque

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
bent8-58

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2005, 10:32:23 AM »

Hi Torque,
 l think from memory the turbo is a Garret TO4,but he might have changed that  as well by now! l should be catching up with him at the Banyo Swap meet(qld) this Sunday so if l get a chance l will quiz him.  Daz.

bent8-58

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2005, 09:25:01 AM »

Torque!,  Sorry its taken so long to get back to you,its been a little hectic lately.Yes the turbo is a TO4,but like everything else its been modified. When it was rebuilt it got a 53mm? inlet & the outlet is also an oversize item.
l will try to get some shots for you next time l'm down that way & its all back together again! daz.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: