FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 19, 2024, 01:55:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE 1957 - Breton Blue/Teal Blue - 327, T700, modified chassis - original body  (Read 197382 times)
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2013, 04:45:22 PM »

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2013, 04:53:34 PM »

Yay pitchers Cool, whoa big job there Deano no wonder you've been finding it hard to get going, as someone who has been through it though just keep plugging away and as you start to see the light at the end of the tunnel you will start to get more motivated, I don't want to sound like i'm telling you what to do but if you got it sandblasted first you would find it easier to see what you are up to and the welding a lot smoother plus it just makes you feel better to look at the old girl all clean and primed instead of rusty and dirty, have a look at the first couple of pages of my post and see how much difference it makes i was stoked when i got my wagon done she looked so much better.
  Pedro

Hey Pedro "I saw the light at the end of the tunnel today"!!!  Shocked Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Undecided

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2013, 09:52:33 PM »

I did some more today, getting driveline ready and wondering whether I should paint the diff red or orange?

Deano

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2013, 10:16:30 PM »

Some more pics

Deano

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2013, 12:11:31 AM »

http://images.gtcarlot.com/pictures/18085272.jpg

This is closest to real life for Azure Grey colour.

Deano

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2013, 04:13:17 AM »

Are you spraying under your channels before welding on ?
Im using autolacs weld thru primer. Excellent product.

Floors look very neat.

NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2013, 07:08:32 AM »

Identical gearbox mount to mine, courtesy PatG

JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2013, 07:29:28 AM »

That colour looks good... It only took me 3 years to nail down my colour!

Phone +64 223509263
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2013, 01:57:34 PM »

Yeah Pete, using the weld prime stuff. It's good. Painting behind sills etc too.

Colours are hard to pick. We thought the gearbox mount was a bit crap looking but is proven product for rego

Deano

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2013, 04:58:30 PM »

I decided to do the diff black cos after not seeing anything I didn't think was poxy, unless I am going ribbed or fancy aluminum, I don't want it standing out.

Starting on the rear calipers now and assemble to axles etc.

Deano

pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2013, 08:54:14 AM »

You're certainly making up for lost time now Deano, you've gotten heaps done keep up the good work, and the pitchers Wink.
    Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2013, 06:14:10 PM »

Well, I knocked up these samples and would like opinions. The Holden "Barbados Blue" colour on the right has the same colours as the 'Azure Grey" on the left, those being Chardonnay and Topaz Metallic Gold. I would like to incorporate some kind of goldy colour into the engine bay but wants something not too blingy. Orange peel was what I was thinking but I sampled that and it doesn't go too good with purply/aqua tinges in these paints, but I could spalsh a bit of that on ancillaries of the taxi perhaps! which looks cool against the black.

Which main colour do you blokes like best. I am pretty set on the Azure and mind you, the Azure looks awesome in the sun and a fair shade lighter. It was dreary but bright when I took these pics.

Being an FE it will be all the same colour but maybe with some custom side chromework.

Deano

Crumpsnr

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2013, 08:43:05 PM »

Whilst it's nice to have popular opinion on your side I think you should be aiming to please the one person who really counts, and that's you!  Smiley Is there anything we could offer that would turn you off the Azure? If not, then go with your first choice! Great build by the way. You took on something that would scare most people away so whatever colour you choose you can be rightly proud of it.  All the best for the rest of the build. Martyn
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2013, 09:08:37 PM »

Yeah Martyn, years ago I only looked at cars that needed no major structural mods but I suppose you get sick of easy stuff. I am sorting of after an opinion on whether the Chardonnay or the Gold go best with the Azure. Im pretty set on the Azure the more I keep looking at it but wouldn't put that on a two tone car.

Deano

JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2013, 10:41:08 PM »

Hey Deano,

I have always said that people's cars are theirs to do how they like... Colour choices can not get any more personal when doing a car, as its you that looks at it every time you open the garage door.
If you choose a colour and someone doesn't like it well stuff em, it's your car!

Saying that my idea is to try and keep things simple. Looked at a 2 tone ute, but could not do it differently than other 2 tones and make it look ok. I wanted different... Not many orange FE utes around, and I wanted the car to be noticed without being glaringly obvious (debatable on my final choice) I made my choice by looking at cars going down the highway when driving... How many and what colours actually stand out. Answer not many

So for your car what are you trying to achieve? Azure grey and what? For where? I am not sure a bright modern style of colour will suit in the main. Are you going to 2 tone the car?
To tell you the truth I thinks Pete's colour combo is my favorite 2 tone. Subtle with a light and dark mix.

Maybe that azure grey with the colour of the car you posted would suit each other.
Drivetrain etc for me, I have always gone black, it gets dirty from use, my cars are not show cars and it doesn't draw attention away from the body.

Hope that helps a little, but in the end mate it is really what you want and not what anyone else wants as its your car.

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2013, 10:58:06 PM »

Did you see the above post with the goldy colours?  Huh

Deano

JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2013, 07:30:40 AM »

But where are you planning to put the goldy colours Deano? As the main colours with the grey over it at the back? I don't know if it would work the other way round... But that's what I was trying to say before, it really is what you prefer, as if I said to do it a certain way and you did do it and then hated it... You would blame me forever.   Undecided
Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2013, 10:09:25 AM »

and I wanted the car to be noticed without being glaringly obvious

Don't think i can say that JB, you'll be able to see mine coming from about 2 klm. away Roll Eyes Cheesy Cheesy

I agree with JB on this one Deano, It's up to you to choose the colour as nobody else has the same tastes, there are some awful colour schemes out there (in my opinion ) but the owners love them and that's what matters, i bet not everybody likes my choice but that's exactly what it comes down to "my choice", we'll help as much as we can but the final decision is yours, I presume you will be doing the taxi in original colours so that's easy, the other one is not going to be a stockie so you can go as wild as you like, Smithy did some photoshopping for me a few years ago they aren't all the colours you have mentioned but some are close and it will give you some ideas i'll find them out and post them for you shortly.
  Pedro

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2013, 10:44:06 AM »

Hope this helps

F4+
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2013, 12:33:16 PM »

Started on the outer sills, the rear section is a pain in the ass with that rear rounded section completely rooted and requiring manufacturing, so getting my guru to work some magic on that.

Also getting ready to fit the steering rack brackets to the scalloped and internally strengthened HR front end. I'm giving each car various transplants, using the best stock parts on the taxi that I obviously don't need for the street machiner, including an EJ block  Kiss

I have purchased a re manufactured VK rack. It just happens to be that my Guru ag manufacturing mates who manufacture high quality farm goods, are doing a few conversions for their mates, so I asked him to get the other bloke to get a move on and we can do them side by side. Some days everything just goes to plan.

Now I am figuring out how I want to make my grafted brackets for the new tank and fill in the square hole! While I am at it i discussed the spare wheel carrier with a few blokes and they and I agree to keep it and put a space saver commodore rim in there. Have decided to run dual small very modern batteries (maybe even dry ones) in the boot for added oomf for any unforeseen mods in future like DVD players or other fancy shit and I am thinking of a way to incorporate some kind mounting for the batteries.

Also putting in some kind of speaker insert at front, but not too big cos I hate stereos without subs so only need to house a 4 inch max.

Trying to adapt it and will sort radiator shit out later. If anyone has chev radiatior pics or measurement which may be useful I would appreciate any advice.

Deano

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: