FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:21:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Respray dilemma  (Read 4734 times)
Suzanne

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2002, 09:21:30 AM »

Hi all,
I'm back for some more advice...

I've always wanted an old Holden, in light blue and white.  Recently I bought the 2nd car I laid eyes on - an FB sedan that's all original as far as I can tell.... but... it's a tan/brown and white car with a red and white trim.  I have had no problems (so far) with the engine or brakes, etc. and it seems to be a pretty good car.

I'm thinking about having the car resprayed but I'm not sure what to do.  Do I respray it the light blue and white I want or do I keep it the original colour?

If I respray a different colour will I be depreciating the value as it will no longer be original, and I might be better off just buying a car in the colour I want?

If I sell this car to buy a blue car then I might be selling a car I know is good for something unknown...   (it's a cosmetic thing I know - but I just love that pale blue!)

What do you recommend??
:-/

Thanks again
Suzanne
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2002, 10:12:49 AM »

Hi Suzanne,
                  Sell it and get a blue FC or FE..  Wink
Firstly,do u know that the colour on your car is the original colour?If not go for it.But it may not affect
the value of your car,just depends what other mods it has or you intend doing later.Maybe the other guys in here can help a bit more.
Cheers good luck Suzanne.

Ps.....Still think you should get an Fe/Fc..... Wink
Brad..............

1959 Black Std sedan
Suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2002, 06:44:41 AM »

Shhh!!  Not so loud - Percy the FB might hear you!!!  Wink

Suzanne
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2002, 07:09:09 AM »

I to have had this dilema. Decide if the car is an investment or if you just want to cruise in a classic that is the colours you like. Or sell it and buy a FE/FC in blue/white as suggested .SLIM   P.s hope Percys not round
« Last Edit: October 05, 2002, 07:10:24 AM by slim » Logged

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2002, 07:11:25 AM »

Suzanne.
The first thing you need to ask yourself is, "Is this the car I always wanted?" if the answer is yes, then do what you want to it to make it everything you always wanted it to be. Will the different paint colour devalue the car?....depends on what the paint is like now! Just remember if this is 'THE' car, then the only consideration is what YOU want, not what someone you may sell it to down the track would want. If you plan on keeping the car for a long time, then go for it. My FC is purple with flames, a long way from it's original 2 tone green. I have had the car for 19 years and don't ever see myself letting it go. It pleases ME, and anything I do to her is done to please ME even more.
So, please yourself or let it be.
Regards
Alex

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2002, 12:25:54 PM »

Alex is 100% right.  My advice to all new members of the Vic club is to build the car they want to drive.

Not the car others want them to drive.

Not the car others in the club drive.

Not the car which may have a better resale value. (unless they bought it with the specifis intention of selling it after a rebuild)

You alone have to be happy with the car you drive or you will not be really happy with it in the end.

Any way I don't think that the colour of a car makes any real difference to originality as long as it is in an original colour.

Some of the top cars in stock class were not painted in original colours, if you look hard enough at ID plates as I do then you may be surprised.

Ken
Suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2002, 09:31:37 AM »

That's very wise advice.  I just wanted to be sure I wasn't about to commit a sacreligious offence in the Holden world!  You're very right and I thank you all for the advice.  Percy stays with me and gets the paint colours I want.  

Now how do I find the original schemes and a person who can interpret them - I guess that's a whole new subject!  Wink
Thanks again.  I hope one day I can contribute instead of just asking questions!
Regards.
Suzanne
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2002, 10:37:50 AM »

Suzanne
           On the "firewall" under the bonnett you will find some "compliance pates" secured to the body, if you get the information off them and post it here ,our "King GURU" of Holden codes  ,Ken, will be able to give you comlete original colours of exterior and interior of your car.
          If they turn out to be colours great , if not , select the colours you like for your "pride and joy".   (Mine is "chrome yellow" a 70's colour ) .
         Great to help you in any way

Norm d

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: