FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 19, 2024, 01:30:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: GOODBYE TO A DEAR FRIEND  (Read 13650 times)
joker2
wa-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 15, 2005, 11:39:10 AM »

I have recieved the very sad news of the untimely passing of a Great Mate and fellow WA FE FC car club member, and vintage van entusuiast Trevor Roberts, robbz58

Due to a tragic accident, our good mate will no longer be joining us on this forum.

Trevor was a great supporter of this forum, & the vintage caravan forum, and his warped humor and informative input will be missed.

Our hearts and thoughts go out to his wife Carrots, his family and loved ones at this time. I am sure you will all join us with your thoughts.

Mark T

« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 12:03:06 PM by joker2 » Logged
FE_UTE
wa-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 01:51:50 PM »

Geez Trev, will miss ya mate...after 1130 posts time to hang up the keys
Our hearts go out to Carrots and the family

A top bloke with a big heart, generous, witty, great sense of humour, good chef on the car-b-q...I could go on but Trev would get embarressed

A lot of forum users would have been in touch with Trev on the chatroom...So for those who didnt get to meet Trev in person...thats a shame, but heres a couple of pics of the man with some of his stuff

Now in Holden Heaven

Gary & Lorene

« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 01:56:08 PM by FE_UTE » Logged

FE_UTE
wa-club

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 01:58:13 PM »

normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 03:43:12 PM »

Guyzzz .
   What can I say .........................
  Trev & I joined this site about the same time and have been in constant contact ever since ..... Many a night Trev , Harko & I have given each other "heaps" in the chat room till the early hours of the morning...... emails came in by the dozen , photos of his cars & vans . Cars , trucks , tractors  , vans & memorabilia he had come across in his travels.
  Also , my Mum came from his area (1930's-40's)and he had chased up old photo's , found where they were taken from , and taken photo's as the place looks today so she could see the difference. Even found where Mums cousins house and business was , and took photo's of them for her.

Found a Bridge the same name as my sons (Evan)

I have 496 photo's on my computer from him and probably another 300+ I have on disk But other than the others posted , only one of Trev himself (always behind the camera)

2 more photos , one of Trev at work and one of a sign he was proud of ....

Sorry this post is so long , but we had built a good friendship through this Forum......
    Our Hearts and Thoughts go out to Carrotts & Family

Norm & Family

« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 03:49:42 PM by normd » Logged

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 07:22:17 PM »

I'm sorry to hear this tragic news. Although I didn't know Trev, it's very sad to hear of the passing of a fellow enthusiast. My condolences to Trev's family, and to the members of the WA Club (extended family)

Graham
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 08:06:22 PM »

This news saddens me deeply, athough I never meet the man in person I had spoke with him. I found him to be a great bloke and very helpful at times. He will be greatly missed. My condolences to Trevor's family and to the members of the WA Club my thoughs are with you.

Mark

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 08:37:20 PM »

What can I say? Cry Cry I am devestated.
I have never met Trev in person, but we had been friends via forum & email for a long time. We spoke of Hot Greys, cool cars, Cool Caravans & whatever else Mates talk about.
He only sent me an email the other day about some Hot Grey bits he had found & I sent a reply to him telling him all about the caravan I am buying, I was wondering why I hadn't heard from him, due to him being so "Excitable" about great finds. He had jokingly offered to tow another van I was after (Located in WA), all the way to TAS, as long as I hooked up my Norman of the FB for him to take for a spin.
This guy is what cool cars, cool vans & anything to do with cars was all about. Never got in an argument, always happy to share his finds & info, always there for a yarn or a stir. I do not believe he is gone. Cry Cry Cry

Trev, you will be sadly, VERY sadly missed by your friends from all over Australia & by your mate in Tassie. I regret never making the time to get over & meet you in person, despite the times you had invited me to do so.

Carrots, my heart goes out to you & my family wishes you well. If there is anything I can ever do, do not hesitate to ask.

Keep on croozing my friend, you will be very sadly missed.

Your good mate,
Rob J Cry Cry Cry

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 08:57:32 PM »

I am still devestated by this news, as I was only talking to Trev just 2 days ago about using his car for a wedding, so please forgive me if I don't talk as if he's not here, because I know he's still here...

...Trev, where do I begin ?   I've known you for just a couple of years, but feels like I've known you for life as that's the type of guy you are.  Before we met through the FC club of WA, you didn't know me at all, but had no hesitation in helping me out when I needed things like, steering columns, accelerator pedals and just good old fashioned advice !

You took me and Kristy through a tour of your house, or should I say, your Holden Museum, and made us feel so welcome. I just wish we had time so I could return the favour.

I'm still not sure why you left us so soon, but I'm sure that no matter where you've gone too, you will make everyone around you smile, laugh and feel right at home, cause that's the kind of man you are.

Going to miss you Trev....love to Lorraine ( Carrots ) and family.

Mark, Kristy, Riley and on behalf of all members of the FE-FC Car Club of WA.

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 11:21:15 PM »

Trev, A virtual mate to many, you will be sadly missed my friend.

A prolific poster of interesting topics and wry humor, always count on him to make you laugh.

Trevs finds from under the lino and from his work which took him past lots of back yards and country properties are astounding.

We had our caravans in common and although we never met (like many) I feel we have.

Carrots, Dave and family our thoughts are with you, love Gary & Debbie Claypole

jezz
wa-club

an engine would be nice, saves pushing the wagon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2005, 12:37:33 AM »

how do you react to news like that, I hear the news last night and stood there in a daze for what seemed like an eternity.

Of the few times we met Trev, he exuded that charm that only some possess. He will be sadly missed.

Siobhan & I offer our condolensces to the family

To a great man, I raise my glass to you.

Jezz (WA)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2005, 12:55:25 AM »

Like many, I spent more than the odd hour chatting with Trev through the forum and email, and always found him to be generous with his time and his knowledge.  He'll be missed around here.  I'm still a bit stunned by the news, to be honest.
Trev made a lot of friends through this site and the WA Club, and I'm sure that if there's anything we can do for Lorraine and the family we will.  Our thoughts are with them at this time.

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
HARKO
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2005, 01:56:49 AM »

I dont know how many times I ve had to say I gotta go from the chatroom mate ,as you know it became a running joke ,Im pissed off ,Ive heard so much bad news this year its unbeleivable and in the midst of all the crap Id send you emails awaiting your humorous replys - I guess the one I sent you last night you wont be replying to ,I will miss ya mate ! and am bloody angry I didnt get over that way mate ,or you all out this way .
If you can read this ,Ill raise my glass high to "you" my mate Trev and thank you humbly for the influence youve had on me and the time youve spent with me from you learning to type in the room "2 minute wait for a smart comment" and all the pictures and most of all your unreserved freindship.  
craiga
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2005, 06:11:12 AM »

Just completely devastating news  Cry

I think everything that needed to be said has been, vale Trev, in the war of life, another good man is down.

Sad

Craig.
FC_Driver
nsw-club

Model: FC

We Love our FC...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2005, 07:56:27 AM »

As a forum member who reads most topics on this board but very rarely post anything I didn`t know Trev other then reading his topics & replys   A sad day in the FC family on this board. May his family find peace in their time of greaving.  Very Sad
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2005, 07:56:46 AM »

What sad news.
Trev, you will be missed.
I will miss those pics you send of the WA custom Holdens whenever you came across a cool car.
My thoughts are with you and your family.
Thanks for sharing yourself with us all.
Regards
Alex

Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2005, 09:01:16 AM »

What can i say but, see you later mate . Trev and i spent many a night chatting .    My condolences to Carrots and family, Trev you will be sorely missed,
                                  Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2005, 10:10:19 AM »

Well as with many other members of the forum, I to had the occasional chat, email and exchange of photos with Trev.

Well Trev as said by many others before me you will indeed be missed. Mate you will have to send us all a few photos from up there in Holden heaven.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Martin

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2005, 10:33:29 AM »

I'm stunned - shattered!

My sincere condolences to Lorraine and the Roberts family.

Martin

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2005, 07:40:35 PM »

words can not express the feeling of loss that kath and i
feel he was a GREAT man and an awsome AUZZIE BLOKE
that fact that he opened his house to us complete strangers and spent 2 weeks showing us around  W.A it is just absolutlly devistating for us
i also speak for jim and noeline  heape who also had the PLEASURE of sharing trev and carrots company hospitality and friendship

if there is ANYTHING we can do for carrots or the boys be
assured we will !!!!!!!!!

good bye dear friend
gone but never forgotten
REST IN PEACE

kiwi Cry
-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2005, 07:51:15 PM »

another
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print