FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:20:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Any one running 3 webers on a red?  (Read 3252 times)
Addo

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2008, 10:48:44 AM »

Playing with a set of twin, yes twin not triple, 45 sidedrafts on my 202 in the old girl (through a 4 barrel manifold) and was just wondering if any one running triples could give me a starting point for choke sizes and jetting. I'm dropping down to 34mm chokes (from standard 36) but figure what works with triples might be a good starting point for this set up.
Thanks.
Addo.
Addo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 12:44:36 PM »

Ok just took the time to "photobucket up" so to speak, so maybe this will work. Ignore the untidy wiring, bodgy throttle linkage and crimp in the fuel line, but this is the set up in it's teething stage. After trial and error the answer seems to be 34 mm chokes, 195 mains f7 emulsion tubes 205 airbleed and f9 65 idle jets.(maybe70's) And make sure you don't have to adjust your tappets in a hurry!
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 04:50:04 PM »

i like it  Grin, looks like an attractive setup addo.

needs to be polished Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
is that a custom intake or one off the shelf?

nice one

dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Addo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 05:59:47 PM »

It's a Seton manifold with an adapter to suit a mk2 hiflow. I was after an early Caine style 4 barrel manifold but went with what was on hand. It's a bit of a weird set up but it's a way of getting multiple webers under the bonnet without cutting into the firewall. Wether it performs is yet to be prooven, I'll let you know. Still tinkering with the idle circuit and waiting on jets.
Not into too much polish under the bonnet, just like it clean and workable.
Addo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: