FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 18, 2024, 05:35:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Estimated value of FC special sedan  (Read 6400 times)
russell.s

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2010, 01:47:48 PM »

I'm seriously considering selling my FC Holden and am having difficulty in ascertaining how much it is worth.  I would appreciate some estimates from any members that have better knowledge on this issue than I do.  Essentially the cars details are as follows;
-1958 FC special sedan (100% complete although not completely put back together). 
- Car has not been driven for atleast 12 years.  I purchased it from a farmer who intended to restore it but didn't get around to it. Subsequently I have intended to restore it but time and not having access to the car (as I was living interstate and overseas) prevented me from completing it. 
- The body has been resprayed (2 pack and back to original colours [terracotta/beige]) and panel beated since approx 5-7 years and placed in a garage and covered since then, hence like new and without rust.
- The farmer from whom I purchased the vehicle rebuilt the engine, therefore it has new pistons etc.  I did view reciepts of this at the time of purchase. Although the car has not been driven since this rebuild, the engine does however turn over.  The engine has not been resprayed as I intended to restore it back to being a very tidy (original) daily driver, and not a show car. 
-  Seats need repairing and respringing.
-  Chrome is ok although not redone, however some dents, pitting and spots of rust are present.
- Original plates still on it.
- Inside and out, vehicle is 100% original (ie.no seatbelts or radio.)
- Door skins (inside) are cleaned and not damaged, although like the roof lining does have a used look about them.

I think that's about everything.  A rough figure on its value would be appreciated.  To finish the vehicle back to a RWC, I have conservatively estimated 2-3k.  That would consist of repairing the seats, new tyres, RW certificate, etc.
Essentially to cut a long story short, the car is original with the body restored.  Engine parts, steering etc. have not been put back in the vehicle.  I hope this information prooves sufficient.
Regards
Jarrod     
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 04:51:06 PM »

Put it on e bay and start it about 4500 im guessing Huh Undecided

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 10:14:02 PM »

I tend to agree, unfinished projects are quite hard to sell even though a considerable amount of money may have been spent so far. The car may need only $2-3000 spending to finish it but in a finished, running condition the car would be worth far more than the $2-3000 extra. Probably closer to $10000 - $12000 depending on how well the paint and panel has been done.

Ken
russell.s

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 07:07:49 AM »

Thanks for your reply fchoon and Ken.  I was also under the impression that it may be worth completing prior to selling it although the downside would naturally be that upon completion for sentimental reasons it would be harder to sell. Oh well, it looks like I'll have to get the hands dirty again.

Jarrod
ekute

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 06:40:25 PM »

Hey Jarrod, Why don't you throw some photos up and you might get a sale on this site?
Champ58FC

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 11:39:05 AM »

We want pics, we want pics!! lol  Wink

They sure don't make cars like they used to...
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 11:07:38 PM »

i surely want pics, cos i may be in the hunt for a donor car! whats the chassis like?

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
russell.s

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 06:12:31 PM »

No problems I will get pics up as soon as I can, although I feel this car is too good to be used as a donor considering it has had a full bare metal respray in 2004.

Regards

Jarrod
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 07:42:52 PM »

I must have my donor and donate  mixed up lol, u can donate the car to me if ya like(will save me possibly 2 years work, na seriously, its hasn't got original paint, so could be a donor, but its more like mine being the donor and yours my new project ha ha!

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
russell.s

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 01:01:51 PM »

car now for sale in the for sale section, I would attach photos if i could but I don't know how to....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: