FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:00:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fe/Fc Memorabilia  (Read 9187 times)
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« on: September 14, 2001, 12:02:40 AM »

I am trying to locate any advertising material or photo's of Fe/Fc Panel Vans. If anyone has any photo's would it be possible for an email?
I have only seen two photo's of other Fe Vans still on the road and was wondering how many may be left.
Thanks
Jason  Grin

Phone +64 223509263
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2001, 12:38:22 AM »

Jason,

I have the original sales brochures for FE ute and panelvan.  Do you have these?  I can scan them for you if you're interested.

We have one FE panelvan in our club, it's brown (not original colour) and lives in the Newcastle area.  Here's a photo of it:

There are others kicking around, such as the 3-door van originally built by Ken McLean of Victoria (it's living somewhere in northern NSW now as well).

Hope that helps,
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2001, 07:15:05 AM »

G'day Richard,

If you could scan the brochures that would be fantastic, the only brochure I have seen is that of the FC.
I had seen Ken's car before he sold it in Victoria and the photo of the one that you have is the other one that I have seen through the Nationals this year, but only by photo.
There was another one in a Vanning magazine the I found dated 1980's.
If interested the Id No is FE-2104-4345-A, so I am assuming about half way through the build of Vans.
How did you insert that image?

Jason

Phone +64 223509263
fe_dude
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2001, 10:08:59 PM »

Hi Jason,
Check this out,it might be what your after. (no it's not mine)
Cheers
Tony

<http://cgi.ebay.com.au/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1004943237>
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2001, 12:51:32 AM »

Hello Tony,

Great book.....Do you know if one came out for the FE, because that's the type of gear I am chasing.
Looks like a few FJ guys want that one with the bid over $120.....
Thanks
Jason Grin

Phone +64 223509263
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2001, 10:13:53 PM »

G'day Richard,

If you could scan the brochures that would be fantastic, the only brochure I have seen is that of the FC.

How did you insert that image?

Jason

Jason,

1.  I've just moved house, so I have to find the brochure.  At least I know where the scanner is  Grin

2.  The button 4th from left, second row when composing a post allows you to add an image - but it has to be a URL to an existing image on the web somewhere.  There's no upload facility.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2001, 07:36:26 AM »

Jason,  There were approximately 4900 FE vans made, so the one you have details of is quite a late one.  I have details of 12 vans still on the road as well as knowing of at least 8 more which I don't have data on.  The earliest one I have is no 81 registered 12/6/57, the latest is no 4784 registered in April 1958.

Regards     Ken
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2001, 04:49:45 AM »

Thanks Ken,

Mine should be on the road in December / Janurary sometime so another one for your list.  Grin
Jason

Phone +64 223509263
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2001, 09:35:21 AM »

Hi Jason.
Read your post with interest. Hurry up and get that van on the road before folks forget what they look like.
I have some pics you would be interested in and will try to find out how to post them here. In the mean time, what is your email.
Regards
Alex

JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2001, 11:33:29 PM »

Thanks for he pics Alex, I have sent a couple back of mine with the before and now shots.
Cheers
Jason Grin

Phone +64 223509263
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2001, 11:13:20 PM »

Jason,

I finally found the box that had the FE Ute and Van brochure in it in our unpacking.  I really was starting to think it had been lost in the move... Cry  Anyway, I'll scan them this weekend and send them to you.

cheers
RET

JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2001, 08:57:45 AM »

Grin Thanks Richard for the scan of the brochures, they are exactly what I have been looking for and with the purchase of an Fe Ute the other day, I have the pair.
Thanks again
Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2001, 08:37:49 AM »

Jason,

Pleased to hear that you got the brochure OK.  I wasn't all that happy with the panel van page, and might scan it again.  Will let you know.

So, a commercial pigeon-pair, eh?  Hope to see them at a Nationals one day.  What part of the country do you live in?

RET

JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2001, 09:03:55 AM »

I am up in Cairns, but want to get to the nationals probably next year or if not the year after. But plan to drive the van to Melbourne when completed to show the family.

Thanks again
Jason

Phone +64 223509263
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2001, 12:53:57 AM »

Well, you're in luck insofar that the next FE-FC Nationals will be held on the Gold Coast, over Easter 2003.  So compared to say Adelaide or Hobart, it's just around the corner for you!

You should contact the FE-FC Holden Car Club of Queensland for more details, as accommodation needs to be booked before the end of this year if  you wish to get the discounted price arranged.

The venue is the Isle of Palms, on the Gold Coast.

cheers
RET

JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2001, 07:51:56 AM »

Thanks for the info Richard, I will look into it, as well as finally joining the Queensland Club.
Regards
Jason. Grin

Phone +64 223509263
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: