FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:51:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2 speed wipers  (Read 7886 times)
graham fergo
« on: July 25, 2003, 09:25:48 PM »

Shocked What type or types of 2 speed wipers are available to fit an EK?  
( Someone had a previous post about them but the contact details are no longer valid )
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2003, 02:17:30 AM »

Try Ken (mcl1959) from Victoria FC club, he sells two speed wiper conversions

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
fc4kiwi

crusin fine in a "59"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 08:30:32 AM »

you guys wont believe what sort of wiper motor i used on my fc, got a datsun 120y motor fits straight on to a ek motor plate, even the swicth fits in to the same hole onthe dash. Wink
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 10:32:34 AM »

you guys wont believe what sort of wiper motor i used on my fc, got a datsun 120y motor fits straight on to a ek motor plate, even the swicth fits in to the same hole onthe dash. Wink

Always good to hear of alternatives,how did the wiper arms connect up and any other dramas?
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 11:44:21 AM »

The motor I currently use is a Telstar motor because the EK drive arms go straight onto it.  The problem is that it uses a power park swiitch so I have to find switches to suit.  What type of switch does 120 Y have and can you fit an FC wiper switch knob onto it?

Ken
fc4kiwi

crusin fine in a "59"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 07:27:26 AM »

the datsun 120y motor fitted quite easliy to ek motor plate, did this conversion about 4 years ago, used fc motor arms, made up a belcrank to suit motor to fc arms.You maybe able to use ek???
120y switch fits in fc hole, if i remember had to drill out fc knob, by hand VERY slow, as not to crack knob, then used a 120y wring diragram.
##note same not all datsuns had intermit wipers, mine doesnt may get round to it in the winter
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2004, 10:45:49 AM »

I have to say that while you have made your 120y wipers fit and work OK - I think that my kit suits better as it is a bolt in conversion with no modifications needed to anything.
If anybody is interested give me a pm.
Ken
Vinnie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 02:19:03 PM »

Hey
I used a motor from a Vr commodore, fitted straight up to the old backing plate only had to extend the bracket holding the wiper arms ( to clear the firewall suporting ribs). They work a treat and even hooked them up to stop at the bottom of the winscreen.The switch was after market with a knob from an ek single speed.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 02:20:35 PM by Vinnie » Logged
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2004, 12:07:14 AM »

Just a quicky, do i need two speed wipers to suit registration ? the car is modified( hr front end and 186 donk)
                                   Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2004, 12:49:02 AM »

well worth the small cost just for the fact you will be able to see in the rain

IanR

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2004, 11:24:30 PM »

I have to say that while you have made your 120y wipers fit and work OK - I think that my kit suits better as it is a bolt in conversion with no modifications needed to anything.
If anybody is interested give me a pm.
Ken

im interested in your 2 speed wiper conversion i would like to no the price you can contact me on ian7777@bigbond.com.au
Martin

Model: FC

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2004, 02:01:48 PM »

I've got to give a plug for Ken McLean's 2-speed wiper conversion.  Grin   It works well, looks good and comes with wiring, switch & instructions and the price is pretty good.  I put one on my FC recently.

(this will cost ya, Ken   Roll Eyes )

See mcl1959 above.

Martin

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
Graeme

one of thses days my wagon will be finished.....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2004, 11:08:40 PM »

and i'll second that plug for ken.  wipers fitted how they were supposed to and work how they are supposed to.  

great stuff ken, a simple and inexpensive solution to a headache.

graeme
fcguy

v8 fc sedan :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2004, 07:37:18 PM »

hey vinnie im in the middle of doing that conversion u talk about now what im curious about vl-vs wiper motors are virtually the same now the vn wiper motor ive got only goes in one dirction round and round now the original wipers go in like a washing maching action ive made up a spacer so the i can use the original wiper arm and connections as the bolt of the vaccum motor and it all hoks up but gets jammed as the motor only goes in one direction how did u solve that i would like to see some photos if u can show me cheers
sgo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2004, 08:41:13 PM »

You'll need this type of set up for to get the arms to work as original. You can make it up or better use one off a later F series holden?

fcguy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2004, 08:02:32 AM »

hey sgo what primary arm did u use of what model holden? and what about ur pivot arm looks home made is that right?
sgo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2004, 09:28:45 AM »

This pic was sent to me by Digger as I couldn't get my head around the system to get the arms to work properly!
I believe it's from an FB or EK electric set up, and original?
To get it set up for myself I already had the main arm on the motor which was from an electric one I think?
The jigger labeled as "primary-arm" in the pic I made up and had the bushes (brass in pic) turned up from nylon rod.
The connection for the RH wiper arm  uses a bolt and nut as this was easier to do at home.
The shaft on the LH end has flats on it where it goes through the "pivot - arm" so that it doesn't rotate.
This means that the "pivot-arm" and the "primary-arm" are fixed together and as the motor turns the two arms  the wipers work as they should.
I made the "pivot" and "primary" arms paralell but I believe they may need to be a few degrees off paralell to get the wipers to park evenly??
It's not too bad as is though.
Maybe one of the 2 speed kits on offer might be easier? Roll Eyes

fcguy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2004, 12:31:02 AM »

thanks sgo ive got tonnes of pix of my hothouse green fc v8 but i cant post em anywhere when i do theyll be up and the wipers i get what u mean i should be able to make em work outta some stuff i had bent up today!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: