FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 19, 2024, 03:00:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: nasco deluxe sunshade  fitting  (Read 4239 times)
59er

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2003, 05:36:58 AM »

Has anyone fitted a Nasco Deluxe sunshade. I want to put mine on by screwing it on but the original instructions refer to using Avlok nuts (Don't have) and I really don't want to remove the roof lining if possible. Has anyone done this,was there any problems,what size screws etc. Many thanks Kev.... Grin Grin Roll Eyes Kiss
ChrisB

"Shiny Bits"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2003, 06:39:11 AM »

My Sun visor had been self tapered into the roof when installed. I have been led to believe this was the norm from dealers. It repeatedly came loose, so I went to our local specialty fastener shop and borrowed his tool for putting in nut serts. He had some that had a bigger surface when pulled up with the tool than the normal nut serts. NO more troubles, recommend it.
You drill a hole to suit the nut sert, push it in the hole and compress it with the tool, just like a rivet gun

ChrisB  Cool
« Last Edit: June 15, 2003, 06:41:37 AM by ChrisB » Logged
craiga
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 07:30:54 AM »

Kev,

Drop over my place and your welcome have a look at mine. Sides are held using the original brackets and acorn nuts, and the centre rib is fixed by large (about 12G) self tappers. These appear to be original.

When I was re-assembling the car I used Sikaflex to ensure the thing stayed where it was and also to make sure it didn't leak.

Cheers,

Craig.

slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2003, 08:23:21 AM »

I recently fitted a Nasco sunshade to my panelvan, It is Fitted using original brackets with Self tapping screws also. I didnt remove Hoodlining as per instructions either. Just use some form of sealant so it doesnt leak as Craig  Suggested.  PS Any chance of a copy of those instuctions KeV.  Where are you getting all these Nasco Accesories instructions.  Are you sleeping Around with MRS NASCO or something . Missed you And Jackie at the meeting the other nite , Kell picked on me all nite. C u .
« Last Edit: June 15, 2003, 08:25:24 AM by slim » Logged

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
59er

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2003, 11:05:59 AM »

Thanks all for the info... Craig,I'll get in touch to see about having a look and maybe scabbing some sikaflex.Slim.. No one would believe that you'd be picked on.You got tough stickers mate.. No probs I already did a copy for you. I got it off Ken.. Regards Kev.
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2003, 11:53:42 AM »

Hi Kev.
I have a NOS sunshade & it has the original nuts. They are a weird looking set up, similar to todays "Dynabolts". They click into the hole you have drilled, then when you tighten the machine screws, they expand & grip like nothing else.
Send me an email reminding me to scan them off for you. I doubt you will be able to find them nowadays, but they might give you an idea.
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
gp

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2003, 02:44:04 AM »

I think the factory fitted sunvisors used the weird "avlok" nuts, and dealer fitted sunvisors used self tappers.

Graham.
59er

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2003, 05:29:31 AM »

Thanks GP,That probably explains a lot. Many people have had their cars since new or nearly new and they have self tappers used. The instructions from Nasco talk about using the Avlok nuts that 4 hammers mentioned. I got it on the car today thanks to the invaluable help of the PRES. Craig A. a bloody legend.I couldn't have done it without his analytical mind which made it seem easy. It's definately not going anywhere,we used the self tappers. Many thanks to all for the info and to craig for the help. Ta.. Kev.. Grin Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: