FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:04:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Original Paint  (Read 2221 times)
mike

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2003, 09:19:51 AM »

Does anyone know when holden started using acrylic paint, i beleive it was at the start of FB's but was wondering if late FC's were done without advertising the fact as a lead up to the release of the FB,

regards mike.
craiga
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2003, 09:28:44 AM »

Mike,

I reckon it was in 1960, as the BALM catalogue shows DUCO colours AND acrylic colours for this year. Last DUCO colour listed is Raphael Ivory, first Acrylic is Woodsman Green, neither of them FC colours. There is an FC in the Vic Club (sorry don't know the owners name Embarrassed) that is factory painted in FB colours with an FB interior so anything is possible!!!

Hope this helps in some way.

Cheers,

Craig.
gp

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2003, 07:38:42 AM »

Mike,
When FB's were released in January 1960 they came with "Duco" paint. From what I can make out, In June 1960 they changed to "Acrylic Lacquer". Consequently, it would seem that they have 2 different formula's for the same colours (i.e. a formula for duco & a formula for Acrylic).

As for whether any FC's were originally painted in Acrylic, I guess it's possible that Holden were testing the paint at that time. Seeing as though Brett Gillard's FC made it out into the field in FB colours and with FB trim, then it's certainly feasible that a handful of Acrylic FC'[s made it out into the big wide world. I think that Brett's car was originally Duco? Perhaps Brett can confirm this.

Can anyone else shed any light on the subject?

Cheers,

Graham.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: