FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:20:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rim Size  (Read 3669 times)
fc_1958

FC5959

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2006, 11:21:51 AM »

I've searched this site for info, but couldn't find what I was looking for , so hence another new thread....

I scored a set of 13x8 mags off ebay and they rub on the upper 'A' arm. This supprised me as the FC I had back in the 70’s had the same size/type of mags. Then I remembered that old number 1 had a 186 motor (HR front end  Roll Eyes ).

I know I can solve the rubbing issue with longer wheel studs and spacers but I prefer the wheel to sit against the drums.

So the question is what is the maximum width of a 13" mag wheel that can be fitted to a standard front end without interference to the upper 'A' arm Huh

Thanks for any help

Andrew..... AKA   FB 60 on the "other" forum.
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 12:50:34 AM »

A stock FE FC rim is 13" x 4½".  The rim centre has positive offset - the back spacing is 3", the front spacing is 1½".

A stock HR balljoint rim is 13" x 4½".  These rims a a larger positive offset - the back spacing is 3½" and the front spacing is 1".

I'd reckon that your 13" x 8" rims have zero offset, that is, the front and back spacing is 4".  Most 13" x 7" rims that I've seen for FE FC have a negative offset, the back spacing is 3" and the front spacing is 4".

I've just tried a HR balljoint rim on an FE kingpin front end and it doesn't foul the control arms.  Based on that, you would not want a deeper back spacing than 3½".

Cheers

Brett

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
fc_1958

FC5959

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 03:21:08 AM »

Thanks for the info Brett  Smiley

NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 05:04:29 AM »

Do HQ rims avoid this problem on a HR Cross with HQ stubaxles

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 08:49:29 AM »

I got a set of 13x6 ROH's on the wagon (std front end) it was a good fit apart from the balancing weights that were fitted to the inside of the rim (on request) getting chopped out.

fc_1958

FC5959

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 10:48:05 AM »

Thanks Glenn - cool car  Cheesy

What size tyres are you running on the wagon?  

Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 08:21:32 PM »

Thanks, the rears were 225/60 13 and the fronts 215/50 13, I have since replaced the mags with steelies (picked up cheap) and baby moons and the mags are now on Nadia's Ute. The profile of the front tyres was too low and made the car look "funny".

We put a set of 205/60 on for the fronts for the ute and they are a perfect fit, the 225s rub on the rear guards with a load though, but this is all on HR running gear.

fcstationsedan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 11:53:22 AM »

Hey Stinky my old girl looks a treat! Do you have any pics with the steelies? I still miss her!

Dave
Former 1959 FC Station Sedan owner.
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 12:42:04 PM »

Apologies for the mini-hijack, not completely OT though  Roll Eyes
Here's the wagon with the 13x6 steelies and baby moons, 205/60 and 215/60s (I think), these will be making way for standard width steelies. The car is close to stock, so with a couple of changes I should be able to get it on the SA Historic Rego Scheme. Red steelies, white walls (or flappers) and the spats should keep it looking cool though, maybe some saggy springs too Grin.

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 12:16:21 AM »

Hi Guys.
That wagon in the picture, is so similar to my old green & white one, I get a shock whenever I see it. Mine had a set of rims, the same width as those fitted, but were red with baby moon caps. They were 205's all round & were great to drive on. No fouling on anything. It was sweet.
Srevoice on here has them now, so if you need any info, contact him. He may be able to give the correct sizes, of set & any other info you require.
Be patient though, he is very slow & "numbas" make his big head hurt, but he will get there in the end with a little help from his Mum.

Regards,
Rob J.

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: