FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:03:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Boot Badge Overlay  (Read 23412 times)
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2005, 10:15:28 PM »

These overlays cover the old faded and crazed boot badge.Cost $43Ea + Postage. Email graham.fuller@dorma.com.au . I can Email a picture if required.

Cheers,
Graham
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 10:17:35 PM by graham_fuller » Logged
Martin

Model: FC

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 02:04:32 AM »

... and they look good, and being adhesive, they are easy to fit.

Take a glove-box full of them to Jindabyne, Graham.   Wink

Martin
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 02:05:33 AM by lewis1411 » Logged

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 02:28:34 AM »

Cheers Martin Wink.
If anyone wants me to take 1 to the Nats for them let me know now as I will only take a few with me.
Cheers,
Graham
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 08:17:45 AM »

The Boot badge overlays are still available if anyone needs 1 .
Cheers,
Graham
les

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 07:21:35 AM »

Rare Spares is making a new insert as per original , to get an idea of the quality have a look at the HK, HR, HQ& LC one’s on the Rare Spares web site should have finished sample in 2 weeks
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 07:33:58 AM »

Hi Les,
Will you be making FC Grill Badge inserts?
Regards ACE  Cool
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 07:35:18 AM by ACE » Logged
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 09:26:50 PM »

Need to be a little careful as last time rares made them the paint fell out. They aren't mentioned on their site either.
Cheers,
Graham
les

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 11:42:22 PM »

There is no need to worry about the paint falling off as the will be the same quality as the other inserts mentioned. They will be on our website when we approve the first sample. We will look at the grille insert and the horn cap in the future depending on demand.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 12:22:16 AM »

Les, you only need to keep an eye on ebay to see how popular and pricey the horn caps are.
I'll be after one if I can't restore the one I have.

les

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 09:25:04 AM »

FC boot badge arrived today I have not seen it but I am told it is very good we will have it approved by and expert on FC's from the FE FC club in Vic
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 09:33:25 AM »

hi all

i was told a while back, that when rare spares made a line of boot badges,  when they were in  the sun for a couple of weeks, they had begun to fade.

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 10:19:23 AM »

A tough crowd you got here, Les  Grin

Not wanting to blow sunshine up Rares %rs#, what about all the feel-good stories, like without Rares a lot of people would never have finished their project.
I am sure in this day and age of ISO accreditation, Consumer Affairs etc they would be smarter than that.

les

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 12:08:47 AM »

hi all

i was told a while back, that when rare spares made a line of boot badges,  when they were in  the sun for a couple of weeks, they had begun to fade.

One batch we made were faulty and we recalled them, this new batch is made the same way as the original type and yes they will eventually fade but after many years the same way an NOS one will fade
craiga
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 12:39:48 AM »

Les,

I purchased one of the originals, and yes, the paint or more specifically the vacumm metalizing came away. Your staff at Bayswater were very helpful, and took the part back for a full refund.

As soon as the new ones are done I'll definately be buying one with the confidence that Rares will return it if I'm not happy.

I agree with Stinky, congratulations on the job you have done over a long period of time. Some of the stuff (like door rubbers) could be better, but at what level of investment vs. return? Take Rares away and what have we got? NOTHING.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Craig.
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005, 02:53:31 AM »

Hi guys.
Les, I pretty much echo what Stinky & Craig have said. I have used stuff from Rares Spares before & although a couple of items gave me grief, most of the parts were great. Also, Bob at the Moonah Rares Spares store, is very helpful & always get the stuff to you fast.
Looking forward to seeing the end result of the boot badge....even though I don't have a sedan :-/

NOW, what I DO need, is a spot on tailgate badge for the wagon I have. Grin

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2005, 03:48:30 AM »

hi all

Darcy,

I appreciate that you're young, but you really need to think before hitting "Post".  What you've written is complete hearsay.  Many people here appreciate the fact that Les goes to the trouble of informing us via this forum of developments at RS, and I don't think it serves anyone's interest to suggest publicly that there is something wrong with their quality control, particularly on such an unsubstantiated basis.  You could be sued, and so could the administrators of this site, a la that Hot Rod site a few months back.  And you're not even the party allegedly dudded.  Rares are strong supporters of car clubs, and have looked after the NSW and Vic FE-FC Clubs with sponsorship etc on numerous occasions.  Not every item they've ever produced has been perfection, but who can claim that anyway?  It's not the problem so much as the resolution of it that makes or breaks a corporate reputation, and CraigA's experience suggests RSA did the right thing.  Perhaps whoever believes they've bought one that's faded (and I haven't heard of that problem) should take it up with the good people at RSA themselves, through the normal channels.

Say what you like privately, but really, you should think twice before doing it in public.

Les,

Thanks for your continued support.  Like CraigA, I'm looking forward to purchasing one of these in the near future.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2005, 04:12:54 AM »

Hey Les....is there any pricing or pics or any more info on the latest with the FC Rear Boot Badge inserts ?

Mark
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 02:29:30 AM »

hello guys.

i was definately not trying to start a shtit fight, i dont exactly understand why you guys made such a drama about that, there was a faulty batch, les admitted that, if the next batch is of good standards, we would not hesitate to buy one for ourselves!

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
Motörhead

D-Generation X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 03:58:05 AM »

Hmmmm, can't say I've purchased and used a Rares boot badge or indeed any old Holden cosmetic trim and stuff from Rares but I have purchased and used a fair bit of their mechanical-related stuff and I've had no problems as such. I'm with Craig, Stinky, Rob and RET .... the Rares stuff may not be perfect but the majority of their stuff seems to have come pretty darn close or else very good. And besides .... the Rares stuff would most likely be perfect to the untrained eye or the general public, just not to us old Holden enthusiasts.

Rare Spares have always been there for the enthusiast and have always been there to sponsor and support the classic car movement. We'd really be wanting without Rares.

Just my two-bobs worth for the day ...... Pete
(P.S - Having my club's discount card with Rares has always come in handy!!!) Grin
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 04:03:10 AM by SaucerfulOfSecrets » Logged

The Quiet One
The Cynical One
The Dark One
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 09:48:59 AM »

Here are some photos of the NEW prototype badge.
You can see that it is quite dark in the shade but reflects magnificently in the sun.  The question is;  is it too dark in colour?
Would it be better to be a bit darker when new so that when & if it fades a bit, it will still have good colour.
Pictures don't clearly show detail but I can assure you that badge clarity is A1, detail is A1, metallising is A1 and colour coverage is A1.
Feedback would be appreciated and Les will take note as buyer perception is important and since this is at prototype stage only it can be changed if needed.

Ken
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: