FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:12:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Aftermarket Bailey Channel Felt  (Read 23031 times)
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 09:34:07 PM »

As said RET,looks fantastic Chuck.Love the interior,are the seats recovered VT,VY,VZ?Keep us posted.Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Chuck

Finished!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 09:49:44 PM »

Thanks Jason

A million bits like this one once was:

If I was ever to build another, I think I could do it in a very short time.  For some reason on this build I learned a massive amount about the fastest methods for the best results.  I really think that whole process is best explained in the build books by Troy Trepanier.  If you follow his logical approach it’s like baking a cake.  Check these out:

http://www.radrides.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Gear&Product_Code=BB1234&Category_Code=B

I have only read the “Sick Fish” one but the latest two look to be very useful.  The processes he uses initially look to be expensive but realistically in the long run it is the only way to go.  You will recoup the cash in time savings and by doing it right the first time.

Fast Eddie and Craig are using this approach with the wagon build and the results speak for them selves.

Jamie, the seats are recovered VY with the motors disabled but the switches left in place for the appearance.  I have them mounted on fixed runners so that the seat sits as low as possible in the car.  IMHO Commodore seats when mounted on top of the bulge in a standard floor sit two high with the seat back prodruding above the window sill line (unlike a standard bench).  Thats why I went to the trouble of a flat floor in the sedan I built:

Chuck

“So yes it has changed my life.  I can remember when I had a wife, a mortgage and a dog; I don’t have any 3 of those things any longer…”  Dr Gregory W Frazier
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: