FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:21:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Demister flexible tube  (Read 5966 times)
Fraze

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2014, 04:07:33 PM »

A while back there was a thread relating to demister flexible tube (duct) which I now cannot find. My question is did anyone find a source for this? - need 32mm (1 1/4" inch) to suit the dash top outlets on my FC.
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 04:44:27 PM »

G'day Fraze,  I got my ducting from one of the "speed" shops here in Ballarat.  I am guessing places like supercheap, repco, etc would have it as well.  Let me know if you get stuck and I will get some here for you and post it.  Cheers, Graeme
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 04:45:31 PM »

If you wrap the dash-top vents with duct tape (or similar), you can step them up to 1.5". After that, there are a few options:

• Convoluted alumium ducting is commonly available from car airconditioner repair companies, though unfortunately only in 50mm (2”) outside diameter. The 50mm ducting can be made to fit by slitting and either bending in the end of the duct (to reduce diameter and fit inside the rubber demister outlets) or bending out the end of the duct (to increase diameter and fit over the end of the demister outlets. The demister steel nozzles can be increased in diameter to match the 50mm duct by wrapping them in duct tape until they are an interference fit.
• 40mm outside diameter convoluted aluminium type ducting tube is stocked by Fuelmiser (part number PHD-40ML - available from Supercheap), though unfortunately only in 1’ lengths. Contact with the Fuelmiser technical team indicates that they are not able to source longer lengths.
• Clark Rubber stocks Flexi-flo Hose in different sizes (25, 30.5, 31.5, 32, 35, 38, 44, 50, 63, 76 and 102mm ID). This is a black EVA stripwound hose similar to a vacuum cleaner hose, except designed for Industrial use. The following two sizes are likely to suit:
              30.5mm   31.5mm
Inside diameter   30.0   31.0
Outside diameter   39.0   41.0
Working pressure (psi)   -5 to 50
Working temperature (ēC)   -20 to 60

Note however that the maximum working temperature is 60ēC, which could be close to the heater air temperature (a 7psi radiator cap means that the water temperature inside the heater water-side can reach 111ēC – the air will be cooler than this though). This product is also stocked by Hoseonline (P.O. Box 3027, Mentone East 3194 Victoria, Australia, http://www.hoseonline.com.au, telephone 1300 577 731).
• This mob does longer lengths of the 1.5": http://www.holden.co.uk/displayproduct.asp?sg=1&pgCode=083&sgName=Electrical&pgName=Heaters+%26+Electrical+Fans&agCode=0210&agName=Heater+Accessories&pCode=080.519

Cheers,
Harv (deputy apprentice heater fiddler)
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 05:11:21 PM »

Geez Harv, we are going to have to promote you soon....... Way tooo much knowledge to be the deputy apprentice...  Grin Grin Grin
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 06:10:34 PM »

If you ever saw my welding  Shocked, you would understand why I'm still the apprentice  Cheesy. I have to weld with the welding pick/hammer in one hand, to knock the electrode off each time it sticks to the job. That's when I'm not blowing holes through it. Worlds worst pigeon-poo welder. Not to be trusted with anything load bearing... or cosmetic for that matter. Not a good thing in a family of fitter&turners and boilies.

Cheers,
Harv
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 06:12:58 PM »

Me and you both Harv - I am happy enough to tack things in place but that is all.........  Grin Grin Grin
Fraze

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 07:05:14 PM »

Thanks for all the quick replies, I should be able to source something from all that info,
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 08:41:14 PM »

Re: Warmaride Heater Fitting Instructions

Fraze

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 07:56:11 AM »

Problem solved - I used some vacuum cleaner hose which I picked up during a hard rubbish collection in my area! Works fine, very flexible and light,and pretty much the right size. Cheers, Frazer
Fraze

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 04:25:37 PM »

A bit more info - the spiral wound flexible aluminium tubing (duct) covered in black paper is called Kopex Tubing, made in England. Also I believe Gates have a similar product.
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 04:59:41 PM »

its at supercheap i think its fuel miser brand?

Pete

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: