FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:27:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: what constitutes stock?  (Read 1694 times)
tim59fc
wa-club

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2006, 01:30:29 PM »

I have recently "invested" in an FC wagon project and fully intend on restoring the old girl but the question is where to start.

I have discovered that unfortunately the motor is not original, still grey but with a B prefix. Which is disapointing but leads me to my question on how stock is stock.

I have noticed that the Constitution and Rules of the Nationals for want of a better definition http://www.fefcholdenvic.org.au/images/PDF/natscons.pdf  in Clause 7 provides for a point scoring system for classing of a vehicle.

Under item 1 this would indicate that my engine is still classed as stock.

What does Item 7 "WHEELS - Chromed or mag, or tyres" mean?  If I put radials on instead of crossplys is this considered a mod?

In item 16 "PAINT WORK" does it matter what colour scheme I choose given the original colour is coded onto the ID plate or is any "normal Metalic" OK?

I know at the end of the day it's up to me what I do with my car - but I am interested in other peoples opinions!

Cheers
Tim
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 06:09:55 AM »

Good questions, Tim.

The rules for the Nationals don't necessarily equate with any rules that your local traffic authority may have, or even your local club's rules.

At the Nationals, it's "the car on the day".  What colour(s) the car left the factory and what engine number it had are not relevant to judging in any way.  If you've got a green car, and you want to paint it two-tone blue and retrim it the same, that's your business.  The judges look at the quality, fit and finish of the vehicle as displayed on the day.

I don't think radials have ever counted as a 'mod', only mags or wide wheels.

Hope that helps.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: