FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:35:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Black 202 heads  (Read 2167 times)
oldjohnno

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2007, 05:35:00 PM »

From what I can make out from various forums, the 12 port heads from the black 202 seem to be the best flowing standard head. Some say the EFI version is best, does anyone here know if they are in fact different to the carburetted version?

Jackass of all trades...
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 06:50:06 PM »

yes, the carb version has air holes, in the efi head these are blank but the lump is still there, you just need to grind it of, go to a wreckers and look at the two types on the top of the manifold side of the head and you will see what i mean, take of the efi manifold and you will see the lumps inside the ports. thats the only reason i used efi,also i am not 100% sure but maybe one has less compression.

oldjohnno

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 07:35:42 PM »

Thanks fccool, thats interesting. I guess the holes on the carb version could be plugged if everything else is the same.. Does anyone know how these compare flow wise to a standard 9 port, or a yella terra style 9 port?

Jackass of all trades...
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 08:23:05 AM »

I am not sure, here is what i think-
 12 port flows much better standard than 9 port.
 9 port can have more meat taken out off the ports.
 12 port has some weak spots.
 12 port allows full benefit of multiple side druaght carbs like triple webers.
 12 port allows the option of adding efi

and if you are getting a head done up, you might be planning to spend $150 but end up spending $1000-$2000 getting work done so the initial cost of the head is nothing, even a vrs gasket set is as dear as a good second hand head.
 I would look for a good head to start with.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: