FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:03:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Assistance/Suggestions  (Read 2182 times)
Magpie 1

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2017, 11:22:41 AM »

Good Day All,
I have now found time to spend working on my FC at last. The 3 things highest on my priority is to replace all of the rubbers/bailey channel/ glass rubbers.
I would also like to  get my wife's fingernails and teeth out of the dash by putting a brake booster in the system to allay her fears of stopping! Also would like to change the diff ratio to something more conducive so one can hear the conversation and/or radio at 50MPH!!

Therefore, can anyone give me the heads up on rubber kits, having heard and read some details for/against Rares and others?
Any suggestions as to were to start getting a booster kit and I think i have a spare diff centre for modification if i can source bits or exchange.

I am coming over to the north island to Melbourne in March  and could source any or all componentry should members suggest any Melbourne based suppliers.
I do have some other enquires, however, consider that this will keep me quiet for a period of time.

I will be grateful of any assistance/suggestions members maybe willing to furnish and thank you all in anticipation of your help.

Best Regards Norman (aka Magpie1)
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 03:48:47 PM »

Personally I've never had a problem with Rare Spares rubber kits and I would recommend them.

If you have standard drum brakes then you should have a VH44 booster. Hoppers stoppers in Melbourne will supply a changeover or reco yours. I think that brand new ones are also available.

A stock FC with radials should be happy with a 3.55 : 1 centre. It really depends on the rolling diameter of the wheels you are running. The smaller they are, the lower the centre ratio can be.

Ken
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 05:59:36 PM »

Rates have the range and package everything together as well as customised kits if there are bits you don't want. Then again if you look around there are rubber suppliers that have some of the stuff cheaper. There are a lot of fiddly little rubbers that you can get on the forum from guys like Pete Mallaby and "Maco".
Get a rares catalogue and compare with other suppliers. They are the baseline.
VH44 booster will make a decent set of drums user friendly to the missus.
Cheers
Clay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: