FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 18, 2024, 04:12:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: VIC Contingent to the 2012 Nats  (Read 26291 times)
zl296

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2012, 03:44:49 PM »

how much fun can you have in a old holden....
enjoy..... Wink

die young and leave a good looking corpse...
MAF
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2012, 08:09:15 PM »

Keep up the posts and pics,  have a great holiday and safe trip back.
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2012, 04:43:31 PM »

Have fun all you guys, have a beer or two for me. Wish we were there but then again if we were there I wouldn't have got my project car painted! Enjoy your Nats, Cheers, Jack
NascoHunter
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2012, 10:53:27 AM »
+1

Back in Perth have traveled 6000k so far with no problems off to the speed way tonite and on the Indain Pacific tommorow for our next adventure. This has been a great Nats and WA is a great place.
Bring on Tassie.
Tony,Kara,Scott and Jorad
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2012, 11:52:14 PM »
+2

Well everyone as you all know Tony and myself and the kids are still living the dream and travelling all over the south of WA. Today i ticked another box of things to do that cant be done over our side of Australia.
 Today we went to Barbagallo raceway to just have a look around and get familiar with the circiut lay out for when i am watching the V8 Supercars in a couple of weeks time. While we were there the HSV owners club WA was having a drive day so we walked around and talked to some of the owners and watched them doing some laps. We were lucky enough to see the Steve & Jim Richards Bathurst winning Castrol commodore doing some laps aswel. As we were about to leave and do some more touring, the cars were having a lunch break, so i thought that if i speak to the clarke of the course i might be in with a chance to do a lap of the track. So while Tony was relieving himself i wandered over and introduced myself and told him how i had driven my FC over from Victoria and how it would be fantastic to do a lap of the circiut in the FC, seeing i had travelled all this way. Well i was stoked when he said no problem, how many do you want to do. So i took off and got the car and Tony and the kids and said get in, we are going for a ride, they said where, and i told them for a lap around the track. They didnt believe me until we started down pit lane then onto the track.

Well after 3 laps and plenty of laughs and fun and revving out of the Grey motor we came off the track and thanked the clarke of the course and took plenty of photos at the gates of the track and around the track. Once we had done this we were off touring again.
 This is another race track that i have driven around, not too many more to go now.

LIVING THE DREAM
    Scotty
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 08:17:43 AM »

Ha Ha! Love it Scotty. Brilliant!

colt
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 06:15:31 PM »

Hey Scotty... that is awsome, well done and enjoy the moment.

regards

The Weddo's
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 11:45:57 AM »

You never know if you don't ask, eh?

Great stuff.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
REDMR2RED
vic-club

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2012, 02:08:02 PM »

Home at last.  Grin  Apart from the gear box, no other dramas.  I can recommend fitting a cruise control, it worked a treat!!!!

Marek Bros Garage in Kellerberrin, W.A.

One of many road pics.

Ken & Yvonne (NSW) pass us. We caught up with them at Norseman and again at Madura.

Madura - check out the Ute back on this pick-up!!!!

The Great Australian Bight.

Another road pic.  GPS was invaluable.

One of the many warning signs.  The "gay" camel raised a few laughs.

"Are we there yet?" 294kms to Ceduna.

Cruising on 95kph .... all's good!!!!

Plaque in Port Wakefield S.A.

Old Telegraph Station at Eucla. 4kms off the highway now on a really rough rocky road.

Tribute to A. L. "Possum" Kipling in Port Wakefield.

Holden Dealership in Dimboola, Vic.

Display wall at the Holden Dealership, Dimboola.

1959 FC Holden Ute
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2012, 04:11:18 PM »

An FC mated to a '40 pickup, or is it a jailbar  Cheesy Cheesy

in the shed
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2012, 05:38:41 PM »

How cool does it look what an idea something i have never seen done but it matches the body style.

The old folden trick..

NascoHunter
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 09:19:07 AM »

We are getting closer to home in Robe South Aus the train trip on the Indian Pacific was great  FC are cruising well. As Scott said  we are living a dream. Cheers Tony                                                                                                       
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 03:13:33 PM »

Spotto!!  These two FCs in Port Fairy this morning

(their drivers both looked a little weary - must have been from all that driving...  Wink)

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
NascoHunter
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 10:21:19 PM »
+1

Our journey has ended.  After 26 days on the road - travelled over 4,100 miles and said goodbye to Scott & Jarrod McKenzie at Geelong.  I arrived home at 7.30pm.  Both FC's (Scott's and mine) didn't miss a beat.

Thanks to Jack and Rita for their hospitality; putting us up for the night, lots of food and alcohol and showing us the sights of Port Fairy this morning.

Thanks to all for a great time.  Looking forward to Tassie.

Cheers, Tony & Kara
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 02:34:02 PM »
+1

Well it is with much sadness that i write this note.
 After having practically travelled the whole South Coast of Australia and done the whole Trains, Plains and Automobiles thing, we finally arrived back at 10.30pm in Granya to a very warm welcome.
Why Holden decided to build the red motor instead of improving the Grey is beyond me. These 2 FC's of Tony's and mine were perfect in every way. Once your bum got used to the seat, they were great fun to drive and created enthusiasm where ever they went. The 2 clowns driving them also created a lot of turmoil and enthusiasm as well. Without these cars the trip would not have been as much fun, for sure.
 To Tony and Kara,
 thanks very much for your companionship and mateship along the journey. Jared and i have enjoyed the whole time we were together and will never forget the time we had together. The laughs at your pronunciation of some of the towns was worth the trip alone.

Well to all who travelled with us for part of the journey or for the whole of the journey, Jared and I thank you very much.(that includes the guys in the Villa at the nationals).
 A very special mention to Jack and Rita for the exceptional hospitality you both showed towards us when we stayed with you in Port Fairy. The Casserole and Apple Crumble were to die for.
Jack's knowledge of the town is something that needs to be documented some where, thanks for the tour.

This trip was a once in a life time experience for a Father and Son and can not recommend it more to anyone who is thinking about doing it.

A final massive thank you to the WA club for putting on, what some would consider, the best Nationals ever. Without the Nationals we wouldn't have done the trip, so once again THANK YOU.
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 08:49:24 PM »

Tony and Kara, Scott and Jared; the pleasure was all ours!

Great to share your pics and tales of the Nationals and the travel there and back  Smiley

You and your families are welcome back here any time...  Smiley Smiley

cheers, Jack and Rita

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
Trevor_B
vic-club

Melbourne VIC

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2012, 05:42:34 PM »
+1

After 6 weeks away we finally made it back home  Smiley

What a fantastic experience, driving a 54 year old Holden across Australia and back. Chris and I enjoyed almost every minute.... the exception being when the Starter motor failed near Denmark and a blocked main jet 1/2 way across the Nullarbor.

Our choice of accommodation worked well - the Camper Trailer suited our style of travel well although Lily certainly felt the extra load.

Spending time with our fellow travellers greatly enhanced the experience as well, it was suprising how many times we met up with people like Lester & Chris Hilli, Fred & Candy, Graham & Andrea, Margret & Geoff let alone the rest of the VIC contingent. With everyone sharing their good experiences with places to see or stay it meant we stayed and saw places we probably would have bypassed. An example was Fraser Range Station Caravan Park - we just drove passed on the way towards Perth but after several recommendations we stopped there on the way back - a fantastic place, beautiful views and great camaraderie with fellow travellers.

We both greatly enjoyed the Nationals - and agree with the many comments congratulating the WA Club, the Nationals were excellent. MWe would like to add our thanks to Gary, Suferboy and the rest of the WA Club.

Some finals stats from our trip:
  • 6200 miles (10 000km)
  • 341 gallons (1550 litres)
  • $2665 Fuel cost & 18.2 miles/gallon average

Now time to start planning for the Tassy Nats...

Trevor & Chris Black

FC Sedan, Ute & Wagon .... only a Panel Van required to make the set
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2012, 10:11:16 AM »

Good to hear you 2 have made it back from being "on the wallaby" for a while with only a couple of minor setbacks

Cheers, Gary
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2012, 07:23:27 PM »

Well done Trevor and Chris - a wonderfull journey and thanks for your blog so we could all be part of it.

See you in Tassie

regards

The Weddo's
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: