FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:56:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: flash kits  (Read 4168 times)
coolaride
« on: February 14, 2002, 02:23:02 PM »

hi all ,
        i`m trying to do some research on what flash kits
were available for fe - fc `s . i know that autolux of queensland released 3 types being crestline , florida and
the detroit ?
       but don`t know too much about the ones tilli
released  Sad
       so anyones help would be appreciated  Wink

thanks coolaride  Cool
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2002, 11:07:39 PM »

Hey there Coolaride,

To the best of my knowledge the Detroit was made by Tilli's.  I recall Ken McLean had a folder depicting every trim kit for every Holden up to HZ that he showed me once.  What he doesn't know about them is not worth knowing.

What I can point you to are a couple of pix:

Siggy's FE has the Detroit kit:
Dan Power's FE has a Victoria kit:

There is also another variant of the Victoria called the Victoria Twinline, which has a second thinner strip butted up below the lower one shown on Dan's car, that runs down to the end of the rear door and then continues along the same line onto the quarter for maybe 4 inches.  I've got one of these to go one my car when it gets rebuilt. Cheesy Just a few more spots for water to get in  Grin

cheers
RET

PS - on the Twinline kit the bonnet is the same colour as the front guards, unlike Dan's car above.  There is a small piece of trim that runs from the front flipper window down to the start of the extra trim (maybe three inches), that breaks up the colour there.  Something like a late 59 FC, below the window-line anyway.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2002, 02:03:11 AM by ret » Logged

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2002, 01:28:04 AM »

GIDDAY RICHARD

AS YOU KNOW MY 1958 FE HAS THE DETROIT FLASH ON IT. I ALWAYS BLIEVED IT WAS CALLED THE
'AMERICAN" KIT BUT NOW I KNOW DIFFERENT. ISN'T THIS THE BEAUTY OF READING THIS SITE?

REGS

DENIS
fc ute
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2002, 05:49:57 AM »

hey richard, you wouldn't have any more pics of that purple fc behind in the bottom picture, sure looks nice and low
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2002, 06:11:51 AM »

hey richard, you wouldn't have any more pics of that purple fc behind in the bottom picture, sure looks nice and low

Naa, just the long grass  Grin

That's our President's car - Here it is from the front:
and there's more photos here: http://www.fefcholden.org.au/nsw/clubcars/ClubCars01.html

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2002, 01:02:52 PM »

Here is a pic of Paul Grech's FC that has a Tilli 'Crestline' kit installed.

BTW, that's my FC with Paul's at the drags, back in the days when it was flat black and still had the not so trusty old grey.
Regards
Alex

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2002, 11:09:21 AM »

Coolaride,  here are your answers
Thornton Industries (Autolux brand)- 192 Annerley Rd Dutton Park QLD
FE - Detroit
FC - Crestline & Florida

Tilli Products - established in Adelaide, but the catalogue I have is from the Vic agent at 400 Victoria St North Melbourne Victoria
FE - Detroit, Victoria Single line & Victoria Twin line
FC - Styletone, Custom Flash, Crestline & Florida.
FC Standard - Dart Look & Styletone Capri

I have catalogues for both these companies showing pictures of all the cars and have managed to photograph all variants except Styletone Capri which I have never seen.

Interestingly the Styletone in original form includes a Nasco ornamental jewel as part of the kit.  I have only seen one car with the jewel in the spot where the catalogue indicates & I have a photo of this car as well.

Tilli also made weather shields, mesh sunvisors, spats, heaters & demisters, mudflaps, wagon dust deflectors, wheel trims, white walls & venetians.

Hope this helps - contact me if you want copies of some of the data.     ken@vic.fefcholden.com.au

Regards   Ken
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2002, 02:40:54 AM »

Thought you might like to see a pix of the Tilli 'Styletone' set up on FC. The jewel that Ken mentioned is on the front door above the trim and below the door handle.

Here also is a copy of a Tilli advert from Aug 58.

Here is a close up of the 'Styletone' FC in the advert.

Hey Ken, how about some pix of the other combos.
Regards
Alex

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: