FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:11:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: wont start  (Read 2081 times)
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2004, 04:24:47 AM »

just got new addition delivered,FE sedan wont start have ignition lights but nothing happens when key is turned truck driver siad it had to be push started as starter only clicked yesterday ,took out fuse that was blown in fuse holder with orange wire from ign and new fuse blew straight away before i even tried to start it,. does anyone know what could cause this, ie .starter motor maybe?

The_Doctor
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 07:02:58 PM »

you could try checking the wire that runs from the starter solenoid mounted on the starter up to the back of the ignition switch...sounds like the wire is earthing..my old EK did this once..turned on the keys, lights and everything worked but no starter..turns out this wire was broken inside the insulation and to detect it i had to use a multimeter to check continuity of this wire as it gets routed into the loom b4 it passes thru the firewall...on the EK this was a purple wire..as for orange wires leading from the fuse box you mention i think the orange goes to the rear brake light switch on FE/Fc's? it then continues to the brake lights..could be a problem like a wire getting pinched at the rear somewhere..had this happen once as well..fuse kept blowing whenever i turned on the lights..seems the number plate light wire had worn and was earthing occassionaly on the bumper..hope this is of some assistance  Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: