FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:07:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Autocables Venetians.  (Read 8750 times)
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« on: July 13, 2004, 05:08:14 AM »

Hello,

Anybody know the quality of Autocables venetians for wagons (rear window).

He has advert'd them as brand new on ebay, but in my opinion these are reproductions?

also stated these are using the original Nasco tooling.  can anybody shed light on this?

Also I never knew there was a 1 piece sunvisor available for the FE/FC. (as shown in his pics).

Does it look the real deal?

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 06:04:01 AM »

Hi Ed, I think the venetians appearing on Ebay are reproduction however it does not state this in the add title. It is misleading.
Having said that though I don't know where you would find an original rear blind for sale these days.
I have 2 nos sets of wagon venetian shade packages, but I need them for my projects.
If you need a look at them, or copies of the fitting instructions for comparison reasons, let me know.
I have a 1 piece sunvisor that I aquired back in the 80's, I restored it to use on my FE Sedan, however I decided to take it off as it vibrated a lot at highway speed.
Regards, Gary
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 08:59:35 AM »

Hi Ed,
I agree with Gary they are a reproduction but they leave that info out for you to guess.
Cheers,
Graham
craiga
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 09:12:16 AM »

HOLDEN FE-FC SUNVISOR (PERIOD STYLE) IN SOLID METAL and about the venetians "ORIGIONAL STYLE. BRAND NEW, STILL IN BOX".

Gary, Graham,

To be fair to this guy I thought I would post excerpts from his descriptions. The phrases "Period Style" and "Original Style" certainly read like repro to me  :-/

Cheers,

Craig
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 09:14:29 AM by craiga » Logged
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 10:13:27 AM »

does anyone know if these are the same as those sold by smooth??  smooths are slightly cheaper so i havent felt the need to jump in on ebay to get them
 cheers trev

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2004, 11:10:09 AM »

Joe states that the FE/FC Venetians are made in the same machinery/jigs as the originals were in the late 1950's.  He also says that they use the original type of fixing to the car.

I have just purchased a full set for the FC Station Sedan and got them to make up a 'special' 4 post sedan version for my (daughter's) FE SEdan, as it has a third brake light.  The 4 poster (for which I had to make a template of the back window) is the first one for the FE/FC that they have made.  It fits well.  I dunno how the Station Sedan set look or fit as it will be a couple of years before I will be in a position to use them.

The factory that make the venetians is closed from last week for holidays, for a few weeks.

Each of the boxes is clearly marked with the model & date of manufacture.  Mine were made in the last week of June 2004.

Hope this helps.

Spinner

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004, 08:40:53 PM »

HI guys,
thanks for the feedback,

a few years back I was lucky enough to acquire some original side venetians, but these ones looked interesting on ebay.

For all intense purposes originality isnt going to make or break my project, but the "brand new in box" kind of stattements makes it look as if he squirrelled away thousands of them.

thanks

Ed

in the shed
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2004, 07:43:23 AM »

Ed,

I purchased a set the other day for my wagon, and they look pretty good. Certainly they present a lot better than the original sedan one I have had powdercoated. 45 years has taken its toll...

You are more than welcome to drop in over the weekend to check them out,

Regards,

Edward
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2004, 08:38:55 PM »

Thanks Edward,

I have some other FC related stuff to deal with in the morning on saturday, but perhaps after that?

If u could PM me your mobile no, that would be great.

I want to check out ur shed.. oh the projects too!

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
meeky

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004, 09:29:19 AM »

I recently purchased one of the rear venetians from autocables and it fits very well. It is also very nearly an exact match fr one that I picked up in Adelaide a few years ago.

At least two completely different styles were originally available. I am lead to believe that the narrower type were produced in SA (in a factory on the Anzac Hwy in Keswick) and that the wider ones were from Vic or NSW (i'm sure someone else will know). This style difference is not restricted to Holden models, but applies across a range of classic vehicles. I've encountered the same thing with my low light Morry and my Austin Lancer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: