FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:11:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sump  (Read 12445 times)
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 04:51:49 PM »

without knowing what exact setup you plan on using, any number of columns with the collapsible (mesh type) section with inner telescopic steering rod can be used.

Of course the style of end required will dictate choice in most cases, although I know of cases where steering shafts have been modified, x-rayed and approved by engineers to suit.

Just today I was thinking about the humble Rodeo Steering box and it's ability to be power assisted.
it's compact, of a similar weighted vehicle, you can get power assisted variants.  I haven't looked further but has got me thinking of taking some measurements for further investigation. 

The rodeo is metric which would probably present some kind of hurdle, Coupled with a shortened column, again from the Rodeo,  and a custom fibreglass shroud for the visible part in front of dash, I think it has potential to work.

I'll be working on a FE soon so will take some pics and measurements out of curiosity.

the setups are cheap and plentiful as well (would use a TF  88 - 97 model)

Sorry it's not really that relevant to your thread... I just felt like sharing an idea,, perhaps somebody has already done this?

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
jasonr70002

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 05:08:26 PM »

Chasing a bolt in type of setup for steering box as well as column.

Golden Holdens FE-FC
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 07:06:56 PM »

No such thing exists - all collapsible columns have to be custom built to suit the application. A mix of Torana or Commodore columns combined with a modified HR steering shaft would be a reasonable start.

Ken
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 07:57:18 PM »

C'mon Ed, what would you know about custom fibreglass shrouds.... Grin

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
jasonr70002

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 12:11:46 PM »

Got me an LC LJ sump and pickup from the wreckers for $35.00 as opposed to other wreckers wanting $150.00 how is there such a huge difference in prices.

Golden Holdens FE-FC
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 07:16:47 PM »

Got me an LC LJ sump and pickup from the wreckers for $35.00 as opposed to other wreckers wanting $150.00 how is there such a huge difference in prices.

simple most wreckers are thieves Grin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: