FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:36:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Modifying the grey motor  (Read 2510 times)
Sheriff
qld-club

Model: FE

FEs rule!

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2007, 06:30:14 AM »

There is a pretty good article in the March edition of Australian Street Rodding on "performance build the Holden Grey Motor."  Includes fitting EFI.   Cheers, Mike.
retro

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 11:10:41 AM »

i just played with one a few months ago, with a bit of head work, 30/70 cam and a set of double stromies, i know that this is a simple mod, but in the process i met a chap at guildford who owns Dominator Engine reconditioning. Terry King is his name, he seems to know the grey motor limits and what to do and how to do stuff to the max if required. HE was a useful source of information, and seemed to be a keen grey motor man. So if any of the sydney boys are like me and want sound technical advice old terry may be another source and a great place to get stuff done. No i dont work for the chap, but am still happy with his ideas and consistant advice.
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 11:35:07 PM »

Hey Retro,

welcome to the forum,

Terry King is a nice bloke and indeed a wealth of knowledge on greys.

did he show you the stroker set up for the greys too?

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
retro

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 12:53:34 AM »

nah he did not show me that, but he seemed very keen on his repco head, and almost drop jawed when he saw my alloy side plate cover collection.

i have seen something like that in an old mag somewhere, they look like a good thing, but i dont think my drum brake f/end will stop the bloomin thing and the crash box may not be able to take the take offs.

besides my grey motor that is worked is in an fb, my ute has a grey motor re done to a 149 (done well before i met mr king).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: