FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:15:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: WA ID #'s for Ken  (Read 1637 times)
fastjbav6
wa-club

OK start her up !

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2008, 12:39:08 AM »

Ken you may already have these #'s
What confuses me is its a late 59 model and is in two tone (same as 1st 58 model) Adobe Beige over Terraglow but with fin extensions and chrome mould below tail lights.
2nd owner said he had it painted 8 years ago to original. 1st time repainted.Owned it for 10 years.
The sun visor is Adobe Beige and no signs of the short mould at the 'C' Pillar to separate roof & insert colour.
1959 sedan
Chassis # FC 12220P
Eng # L602747           Sept 59
225 - 16201A             Special
Trim   298 - 848         Adobe Beige over Terraglow (Is Trim paint?). Black and Turkish Ivory interior
Paint  253 - 9665       Terraglow (lower body colour)
Insert 256 - 2031        Adobe Beige (flash)
Top    253 - 9665       Terraglow
I was thinking of buying this one. I'll email you a pic.
Regards Seb

Yellow Knight

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 02:09:07 PM »

I would suspect that even though the 2nd owner says that it was repainted to original, that it has in fact been changed from its original format.  Whilst it is in the realms of possibility that the factory may paint a car in the early scheme in late 1959 if a special order was requested, they would reflect this in the ID plate detail. This is what the ID plate was used for.  One way I thought to check was to open up the windlace retainer at the front door near the sunvisor and check to see what colour the metal is under the headliner. This will confirm what the original roof colour was since it is more likely than not that the roof lining was not removed when the repaint was done.

In answer to your question about the trim number - this number is a combination of a 3 digit code which describes the paint scheme and a 3 digit code which describes the trim colour and style.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: