FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:13:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: V6 Conversions Front End with Holden 6  (Read 5780 times)
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

Model: FC

getting there...

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2010, 06:36:33 PM »

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone who has been there and done it can answer my question.

The V6 Conversions front end is looking to be a very appealing replacement for the HR ball joint front end in my FC. However, I'm not going down the V6/V8 route, I'm sticking with my red 6.

Is the V6 Conversions front end set up for V6/V8 or will a six fit in without any modification? For anybody that has done this front end installation, have there been any problems, and is it a straight bolt in/weld in or are there bits that need to be fabricated? I want to use my existing EK column and HR steering box - can this be done easily?

For people that have purchased this front end, if you don't mind posting, how much did it cost you?

I'm just doing my research deciding which way I want to go with my car.

Cheers,

Ol_Girl_58
ehsv6

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 06:44:32 PM »

Little change from $5000, check with rego people and engineer, not approved in Vic - they cannot supply the appropriate load testing.
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 07:19:07 PM »

are you talking about the complete fabricated unit ?
if so i haven't done it but as has been said they're up round the $5,000 don't think you can use yor steering box but anything is possable and same goes for the red six it's set up more for a V6/V8 conversion but i guess the red motor mounts could be put on it, prolly best to ask the Co but i think he'll ask the same as me why don't you want rack etc, i can understand keeping the red six
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

Model: FC

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 08:04:53 PM »

Hey Ratbox,

Yep, I am talking about the complete unit with suspension etc:

http://www.v6conversions.com.au/NEW%20FRONT%20END.HTM

One of the reasons for this front end being that I want a decent front end under the car (so I can do a bit of circuit racing) and so that I can get big brakes AND deep dish wheels under the front end. With this front end the wheel track has been narrowed 54mm to allow for big brakes and deep dish wheels. Hoppers Stoppers Falcon brake conversions on an early Holden front end push the track out 16mm, so I reckon the combination of a V6Conversions front end and Hoppers brakes will result in decent handling, decent braking as well as the ability to have a deep dish on the front wheels.

I am also interested in converting the column to collapsible. The Rod's Racks setup looks pretty good. Is there a way to do it yourself?

Ol_Girl_58 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: