FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:14:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dumb questions...  (Read 2657 times)
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« on: May 25, 2015, 02:06:30 PM »

What are these called? And where's best place to buy from?

In the HR front mount rubber kit I have these round bits.... Where the hell do they go?? I never took anything like them off in the first place.

ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 05:17:01 PM »

Answer to Question 1:  Upper control arm bushes.  Dufor used to make them, but I think Dufor has gone the way of most Australian manufacturing companies.  Rare Spares seems to have a good stock of control arm shafts and bushes.

Answer to Question 2:  These are the upper rubber insulators for the crossmember mounts in an HR.  In the kit there are six of them.  I was expecting four.  In an HR, two of them are used as the crossmember outrigger mounts - one between the subframe and the outrigger, the other between the outrigger mounting bolt and the subframe.  The other four go in the "wells" in the top of the subframe where the crossmember mounting bolts go through.  From top to bottom, the crossmember mounts are assembled as follows: Crossmember bolt - large flat washer - upper insulator (the bit in the photo) - subframe - lower crossmember rubber ("top-hat") - crossmember - spring washer - nut.

But your modified front crossmember has an EJ outrigger, by the looks of it.  You need to go to Rares and buy the FE-EH front crossmember outrigger rubbers.  And if this modified HR front crossmember is being fitted to anything FE-EK, use HR crossmember bolts, washers and spacer tubes with the Rare Spares replacement rubbers.

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 11:03:44 PM »

Champion Rob thanks. Already have the outrigger rubber 😉

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode)