FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 04:51:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rusty tanks  (Read 3445 times)
torana/mad

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2008, 07:29:36 PM »

Guys just wondering what most people do eg try to track another down? or acid dip maybe? I know its god a slight weep for alittle hole and has enough rust inside to block the filter  Grin

Ideas?

Thanks
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 08:12:53 PM »

Don't Know how much they are but there is a company in QLD making new ones, there contact details are in an add in the JUST PARTS Mag.......FC427........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
torana/mad

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 09:04:39 PM »

Yeah i know and they are stainless but i think they hang down alittle more than stock and look dicky, might have to look into cost of acid dipping.

Thanks again
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 09:50:41 PM »

Check out these guys. I have not used their products yet but have seen heaps of people that have.

Have a look at the kits section they have a tank repair kit available.  Costs $108, expensive isn't it?

Might be cheaper to find another tank but at least the repair option is there for you.

http://www.ppc.au.com/

Cheers  M

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
Jonno

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 10:41:21 PM »

mikey,

the fuel tank repair kits will work well if you just have a tank which is an empty space....it just coats the inside and forms a bladder. The trouble with the FEFC tank (as far as I can tell) is that there is a fuel pickup line inside the tank itself. Very hard to coat the inside of the tank with this stuff while keeping the end of the pickup open.

I only discovered this after buying a ppc kit....it remains unused on my shelf.

the stainless tanks made by Martin Dean are great, although expensive. The standard one he makes is also 2inch deeper than the old FEFC one so less trips to the fuel pump. I was worried this would hang a bit low and so had him make up one 1inch deeper. He can do just about anything....

Jonno

Cottles Bridge, VIC
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 11:35:32 PM »

There you go Torana mad some real life experience with tank repair from Jonno. 

It is fine to come across a product but also good to see that someone has had no trouble/ trouble with it. It's good when someone else is the guinea pig. Wink

Luckily for me I won't be using an original tank.  Torana, what to do? Just get a better one than you have and stuff it in or spend big$$.

Cheers   M

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
torana/mad

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 12:17:06 AM »

Will try and look into acid dippers and get an idea on price and keep an eye out for a cleaner tank and see what happens, i think the fe has a few more months till its on the road so i have alittle time.

Thanks guys
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: