FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:51:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NosFEratu  (Read 292450 times)
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2008, 01:30:43 PM »

Pedro,
anyone who would make such a ludicrous suggestion as yours is either,
a) a fruit loop, or b) having a laugh.
I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and going with b)
R.

How about a & b Wink Cheesy Cheesy, Quote from Edgar Allen Poe " there is pleasure sure in being mad, that none but madmen know"
Actually i was just out fishing, looks like i used the right bait, Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin, didn't even get a nibble from the evil one though Wink
                          Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
Rabbitoh
vic-club

Model: FE

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2008, 01:59:33 PM »

An FC man who knows the Classics Shocked.
You are are indeed a rare 'un Pedro Wink

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2024?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2024?
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2008, 04:29:53 PM »

Kathi,

What a great story, some things are just meant to be. Van Helsing looks nice, even it if it did borrow NosFEratu's shoes and socks

Keith
F4+
 Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2008, 05:28:54 PM »

Thanks for all your comments guys.  Cheesy

Yep, I’m pretty happy with it – still can’t keep the grin off my face.  Grin

I still find it a little hard to believe that it’s the one I found so long ago - especially after all the stories about it getting one helluva flame job and being a total write off!  Little did we realise at the time that it was Brownie’s FJ van that went up in flames - we never really spoke in detail about the fire whenever we caught up with him him cos we knew he was (understandably) pretty upset at losing a number of his cars.  Sad

NosFEratu officially “handed down” his shoes and socks to the "young one" after John surprised me with new rims and whitewalls for my birthday last year.  He certainly knows the way to my heart!   Kiss  The Cokers will be transferred to new red rims to match the changed stud patterns due to the rebuild.  The flippers will stay so it will still have the same look when it’s all done.  Wink

And Rabbitoh, about Pedro……… he’s definitely one of a kind! And thank goodness for that – I don’t think any of us could cope with too many more like him!   Roll Eyes 

And I’m soooooo sorry to disappoint you Pedro!   Tongue Tongue Tongue Cheesy

Kathi  Cool
F4+ =^^=

NosFEratu
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2008, 07:34:36 PM »

F4+
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2008, 09:49:16 PM »

Hey Kathi
Cool story.
It would seem that that lil' van was always YOURS, just had a few caretakers inbetween stints in your garage.
The van looks great and anyone here would love to own it, warts and all.
Now I am going to ask the question about the thing that you have been skirting.......What is THE 58 that you keep mentioning?......Chev? Vette? Cusso? Opel?Huh
Regards
Alex

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2008, 10:02:04 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Wink

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2008, 10:19:28 PM »

Cheesy

NosFEratu
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2008, 10:38:51 PM »

Kathi, love the story, hope all goes well with the van. My apologies for being a warts & all Holden nut, unable to tell the difference between yank chassis, but I presume that is a 58 Chev chassis?
Colin.

colt
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2008, 10:46:16 PM »

Does this help Colin?  Wink

NosFEratu
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2008, 11:07:05 PM »

Niiiiiice!!
One of my favourite cars of all time.
Thanks for sharing.
Now let's see more.
Regards
Alex

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2008, 12:01:08 AM »

Alex, glad you like the little van and Colin, thanks for your wishes for the van's rebuild. Cheesy  About the 58 - it's a little O/T but here goes!  Sorry, we’re not real big on taking photos!   

The story is pretty short – November 1995.  We'd both just finished fulltime uni (surviving on $12k/year with a mortgage) and, had just got graduate level jobs so, for a long time and even then, we couldn't even contemplate playing cars. 
As much as we think so much alike it was weird cos we’d never mentioned that we both loved early vettes - I think we just "knew".  John had seen it in the paper for a month and only mentioned it when a mate was around. All hell broke loose – he almost got divorced there and then!  It was a basket case at a price we thought we could borrow and still survive. We didn’t want a perfect example cos we knew we would only chop it up! So took a very big gamble.

Progress has been slow because of no money, heavy work schedules or more recently, family.  In really doesn’t matter how long it took to get to here except it would've been nice for dad to have seen it finished but.......   

Like all of our cars, this will be driven.  We would have liked to have it at the 2009 Melbourne Hot Rod Show – in the car park of course – but unless we can get Trevor to pull his finger out with the body and paint I don’t think that will happen.

So not too many more photos but I will give you a run down if anyone is interested!

While it’s a 58 (that was actually built late November 57) it will look more like a 59 as we're cleaning up the body a lot by removing the bonnet and boot badges, cowl vent, rear and front bumperettes , plain bonnet (not having the washboard louvres) and no boot straps.  So body wise it will be as clean as possible with most vertical lines removed so it gives it a lower wider stance from front and rear.  The height you see it at is what it will be (and it’s legal – bags are for groceries!).  Wheels are 17x7 and 17x8 Billet Specialty Legacies and, amongst some other custom fiberglass work we’ve done we had to put mini-tubs in it to take the 8's cos the factory sports wheel option was, wait for it, 5.5's.    Shocked Shocked Impressive huh! And that was definitely the maximum you could fit in there without modifying the chassis too much!

John did the left to right conversion, all the chassis mods and he’ll start building the motor in the next couple of months – after the van is done.  It’s got a HT front end, Commodore rack and pinion and 4 link rear end with Watts linkage and Bilstein coilovers. He hand built the extractors and exhaust system from mandrel bends. It has a 9” with Moser 31 spline axles and 3.5 gears.  It’ll run a Turbo 700R behind the 383 with Airflow Research Heads, Hilborn Injection converted to EFI (all under the standard bonnet) and a Crane Roller Cam.  Motor will be dressed up with 60’s Cal Custom 9 fin rocker covers. It will be running air cos we’ve got a hard top for it! (my mother's day present from the cat one year!)  The aim is to get a 60’s street/race car look to the engine bay – no anodizing or braided hoses at all!  Most of the dress up bits will be beadblasted and not highly polished.  We should get about 450bhp out of it – just right for cruisin!

Interior is black leather with VK commodore seats that, after a lot of work, look very original “corvette” now! The rest of the interior and trim (not that there’s much trim in one of these) will also have a very original feel to it and, to most people that don’t know early vettes, they will think it is a very nice stocky with shiny wheels.  A lot of hard work has been done in an effort to make this thing look factory!  Hopefully no mods will look out of place – we’ve done heaps of research and had lots of “talk time” about it. 

Colour = RX8 yellow with an extremely crisp white cove.  Ya gotta have ‘em two tone!  And, we have the number plate “RED-058” just to upset all those people who keep telling us that we have to paint it red! My comment is always the same to them “You wanna pay for the paint job and we’ll do it any colour you want!”  We chose the wheels because they are reminiscent of the Halibrands that were around in the 60’s but we will, at a later stage, get some nice whitewalls and hubbies so the majority of the general public will think it’s a stocky!

So yep, I have 3 of my favourite cars – my FE, a little van and a 58!  The only other cars I'd really like are a Cobra Daytona Coupe, a D Type and a 33 Lo HiBoy – I can dream can’t I?

And no, no more surprises in our garage unless I can "barn find" a Cobra Daytona Coupe somewhere and then sell my soul to get it!  Wink

Kathi  Cool
F4+ =^^=

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2008, 07:47:34 AM »

Like I said not too many photos - but here's a few more.  Set up motor.

This one might help with "scale".  This shot is actually a little distorted due to the angle, but the top of the vette's windscreen is pretty well level with the bottom of the FE's .  Overall height with the hard top on is around 1150mm - but who's measuring?  Cool

Kathi  Cool
F4+ =^^=

NosFEratu
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2008, 09:13:46 AM »

Don't know why the message didn't come through last time Huh, try again.

Nah, it was from a fictional book i read called "Poe must die", while it was an excellent read it definately wasn't one of the classics, just noticed your avatar, FE-king of cars, lucky it wasn't an FU model Roll Eyes Grin Grin Grin Grin

Kathi you've finally come out of the closet with your non holden project, If you are going to be driving a bright yellow BANANA instead of a black car does this mean your personality will change to a bright bubbly one too, or will you stay as the evil memory for detail powered, fearsome tongued leader of the henchmen we've all come to fear and respect Roll Eyes Cheesy Cheesy, Nosferatu is going to get jealous Cry, of course you know what this means, now the boot is now on the other foot and we are going to expect two updates each sunday or the henchmen will be summoned Angry, ah a good opportunity for another story.

Paul where are you, it's time you started writing again i'm running out of ideas, are you still in Italy or are you back in France, how's the unusual meat diet going Shocked.
                       Pedro

F4+
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2008, 09:18:34 AM »

ah the cats outa the bag now Kathi....

vans great, nosferatu is great and the vette is fantastic

looks like a great selection of toys you both have.
big congratulations to John, yourself and PAW Performance Wink

still reckon purple Grin Grin Grin Grin

really looking forward to catching up with you guys soon

dean
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 01:17:52 PM by stinky » Logged

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2008, 09:44:42 AM »

Kathi,

I too love Cobra's particularly the Daytona's. I don't know if you have read the story about the Daytona that had been missing for some thirty years before it finally turned up but here is a link to the story and the photo's.

Just imagine finding one like this......

http://www.nvsaac.com/gallery/missing_daytona_coupe.htm

Unforunately thay are all accounted for now.... To own one means you must have very deep pockets filled with lots of money Embarrassed Cry Cry

Keith
F4+
 Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2008, 10:28:24 AM »

Pedro – don’t tell me you hadn’t noticed the split personality already?   Angry  Smiley  Angry  Smiley  Angry As it’ll be a while yet before the vette hits the road there is plenty more time for the evil one  Angry to keep suppressing the nice one Smiley.  Updates on the vette would get boring – it’d be a continual stream of “hassled Trevor again” interspersed with “went on a road trip to see progress”.  Roll Eyes And in relation to the FE – it’s number 1 and has a very secure place in the garage and my heart!  As they say, first on - last off!   Cool

Dean – thanks.  While it will be great to catch up you on our way through, you should be very, very afraid if that car is not running by the time we get there!  Angry Angry Cheesy

Keith – yeah, I wish! Embarrassed They’ve been making replicas in NZ for a little while now, and despite numerous thoughts and discussions, we know there’s only so much garage space, time and (more importantly) money!  Cry Maybe I should start buying lotto tickets!  Smiley

Kathi  Cool
F4+ =^^=

NosFEratu
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2008, 08:39:15 PM »

Hey Kathi, did NosFEratu get her eternity ring yet Huh, been expecting pics since thurs.
                             Pedro

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2008, 10:23:40 PM »

Now Pedro, you know that should read his eternity ring!  Wink

I believe it was going to be posted on Tuesday so, being from a regional area, it'll probably get here early next week so unfortunately it means I can't pick it up until Thursday night next week!  Undecided 

But when it does get here - photos will be posted as soon as possible!  Cheesy 

John says that while he's proud of me for demonstrating patience he admits he's deliberately not mentioning it at the moment!  Roll Eyes

Kathi

NosFEratu
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2008, 03:45:18 AM »

I had a look at the pearlcraft site. They do wonderful work but I would be an originals type - so where he has restored old ones to new in the original blacks and creams etc. I really can see the skill. The pearloid doesn't do it for me except maybe in a black and white setting - some of the colours are too much - but thats my opinion.

Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: