FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:53:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Front track variation  (Read 4858 times)
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2010, 01:50:02 PM »

I am looking at fitting later model disc brakes to a HR front end. I will be using HK-WB stubs. I will be using 14" X 6" rims and Holden Calipers. Unsure yet whether I use HK-T-G discs and calipers of use P76 discs and and later Holden calipers. The standard track on a HR front end is 53.9". The standard track on an FC is 54.5" According to my engineer I cannot increase the track by any more than 25mm or 1"

What I would like to know is do the fitment of HK-T-G discs increase the track by more than 25mm or 1". If this is the case would the fitment of P76 discs retain the track measurement within the specified limit.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 06:27:05 PM »

Keith can't you just get the wheel offset changed to make the track the right width after all they will just measure center of one tyre to center of the other tyre  Huh Huh Huh Huh....FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 08:07:17 PM »

Precisely, Track width is exactly that - the distance that the centres of the tyres are apart.

Ken
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 10:31:11 PM »

Ken and Mark,

Thankyou, If the track is just that, centre of one tyre to the other, then it makes it easy to solve after fitting the brakes.

Thanks again

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
FjJohn

Golden oldies

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 01:10:15 PM »

Keith I have HR frontend fitted with HG stubs with HG rotors and calipers using standard 14x6 rims on my FJ and the front track is 54.5 inches and the rear using HZ backing plates with HG mechanicals on HR diff with 14x6 rims the track is 53.5 inches Hope this helps

John
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 09:07:48 PM »

Thanks John, much appreciated.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 10:28:11 PM »

Precisely, Track width is exactly that - the distance that the centres of the tyres are apart.

Check how rego measure before you spend money, I think in SA they remove the front wheels to measure track, I am sure they did this to mine. It might be the same for other states.

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 10:34:31 PM »

Check how rego measure before you spend money, I think in SA they remove the front wheels to measure track, I am sure they did this to mine. It might be the same for other states.

Thanks for the heads up Stinky, I shall get in touch with my engineer and find out

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 10:48:51 AM »

i was talking to ACT rego boys about this the other day. they measure from wheel centre to wheel centre.
and keith i am pretty sure the Wheel Centre ( was in queanbeyan) at Jax tyres in fyshwick will change offset for you, they did my commy rims.
im sweating on track measurements myself at the moment Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: