FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:15:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: very neat fc on ebay  (Read 4749 times)
Damo58

old holdens never die they just go faster  :)

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2007, 10:09:51 PM »

This is one very neat fc that has not been restored yet Grin Grin
Ebay Item #170157374137

Cheers Damo58
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 09:54:07 AM by RET » Logged

Iam good just ask me Smiley
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 09:56:28 AM »

White with green and black interior is quite rare. I've never heard the term "Easter Special" though. Does that mean it's ready to roll for Mount Gambier  Wink

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 12:12:18 PM »

RET, I think it means these ones came with a bonnet as standard equipment  Tongue- well they deleted just about everything else when they changed from FE Grin

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
cajerridoc
sa-club

Model: FE and FC

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 03:46:36 PM »

March 1958 is an early build date for an FC is it not?.

Robin

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 05:55:12 PM »

these ones came with a bonnet as standard equipment

LOL

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 09:57:00 PM »

well they deleted just about everything else when they changed from FE Grin
Cheers
John

Yeh, they had to make some drastic changes to make an ugly Duckling (FE) into a beautiful Swan (FC)  Cheesy

Regards
Alex

cajerridoc
sa-club

Model: FE and FC

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 03:45:27 PM »

The details of the car and the explanation. From the original engine number it's closer to a Christmas Special than an Easter Special:

ID Plate
  NO: FC-225-9661-M 
TRIM: 351-633 
PAINT: 256-2031 
  253-2047 
RPO:  TOP

Other Details
Chassis Number: 8-19854-M 
Engine Number: L505581 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results and Explanation
FC-225-9661-M Vehicle is an FC Special Sedan, the 9,661st manufactured in Melbourne, Victoria.
351-633 The Exterior Trim Code (351) describes this car as Single-Tone: Adobe Beige.
The Interior Trim Code (633) refers to: Danube Green & Black.
256-2031  The paint colour is Adobe Beige (in DUCO Lacquer)
253-2047  The secondary colour is Olinda Green (in DUCO Lacquer)
 The vehicle was painted in the Late 1958 scheme style (based on the ID No)

8-19854-M The vehicle was assembled during 1958, and was the 18,854th FC (in any bodystyle) assembled in Melbourne, Victoria.
L505581 Manufacture date (based on engine number) is October 1958

A little confusion on the ID plate with the Exterior Trim code saying it is a single colour Adobe Beige and then listing a secondary Paint colour, Olinda Green.

Would the green, from factory, have been, as it is shown on the car, just in the small section on the quarter panel or in the usual paint pattern of windows and boot etc?

Robin

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 05:25:31 PM »

Interesting. Everything about the car suggests late '58 manufacture, which means it should have bonnet, guards and lower half in the main colour and roof, boot and insert in the secondary colour (were it to have one). However, there's no doubt the exterior trim number is for single-tone adobe beige, so it's very strange it should have a secondary colour listed on the ID plate.

Olinda Green is definitely the Duo-Tone colour on this car (the colour on the inner pillars and frames), but no code for this secondary colour (ie where it's only used in the interior of the vehicle) ever appears on the ID plate, for FJ, FE or FC.

But that's what I think it must refer to, as the exterior green colour seems way too light to be Olinda Green, and Tilli's / Autolux trim was never factory fitted TTBOMK. Having said that, the photos are over-saturated to buggery, so I don't know how reliable the images are, tint-wise. Most unusual...

cheers
RET

TAYZ
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 07:37:21 PM »

Checked my ID tags, mine is a Melbourne build a lot earlier than this one. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: