FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 11:34:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wheel Spats  (Read 2580 times)
newman

The older I get, the faster I was !!!

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2009, 07:01:50 PM »

This is a little off the FE FC subject but I need a bit of advice,while I'm still looking for a suitable FC I'm semi refurbishing my daily driver an EJ Special. I saw in an old posting on the members cars of a beautiful EJ wearing spats, I would like a similar set for mine. There are some on Ebay but they looked different, I am weary of Ebay having heard some horror stories of people paying and the "item" isn't as described. Any help in pointing me in the right direction towards which ones to buy would be appreciated.

Mick
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 07:10:52 AM »

Hi Mick.

If it was a yellow car it was mine. It had correct spats. These are fairly easy to pick from after market ones and repos. For a start the shape is different. If you look at the photos genuine spats have a distinct cut away just aft if the dogleg which rises up to a high point just over the hubcap emblem then curves back down to meet the rear of the wheel arch. This makes them look less bulky and also fit properly at the rear.

Genuine ones are thick and are easy to pick from the mounts. At the dog leg they have an angled bracket that fits in behind the wheel arch lip and holds the front snuggly. At the rear they have a coiled wire clip which fits behind the lip. If you're not sure send me a pm with a photo and I can verify.

I know why you like them, IMO spats suit EJs perfectly, they don't look as good on the squarer shape of EHs.

Hope this helps
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Sheriff
qld-club

Model: FE

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 12:02:42 PM »

Mick, Autocables have spats for EJs.  Check out their website.    Don't know what shape they are though.    There is also a bloke in Qld., Maryborough, I think that makes spats, etc.   Have no idea if he has a website though.   Good luck, Mike.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 07:39:34 PM »

There is also a bloke in Qld., Maryborough, I think that makes spats, etc.   Have no idea if he has a website though.
info@retrorodsandrestorations.com.au , It's this guy he sells spats all over the world for all sorts of cars so he must be doing something right, got my sills off him and I'm getting him to knock up a fuel tank surround for my wagon.
      Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
newman

The older I get, the faster I was !!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 09:04:12 AM »

Thanks all for the information,have sent a PM to John, I appreciate the help.

Mick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: