FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:30:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE Wheel trims?  (Read 6023 times)
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« on: March 02, 2004, 09:15:51 PM »

I had a guy turn up the other day and on his EK Pvan he had three of these wheel trims. He tells me they are FE and are super rare. He is chasing a fourth ...any one seen trims like these? (sorry for posting an image like this  ret but I have tried for two days to figure out how to post it with it not being on another website....if it only exists on my computer then how else do I post it?) Cheers streetneat

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 10:40:04 PM »

Hi.
They are an aftermarket accessory, that you could dealer order at some places. They ARE rare, as they're easily damaged. But, they are not just Holden. I have a mte here who has an XP that is well optioned for a Ford. It has a similar set, but they have the spinner blade thingos on them.
There is a post on here somwhere else about someone chasing a set similar. It may have been Alex, I am not 100% sure.
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 02:58:04 AM »

that trim ring is exactly the same as an early valiant regal except val's only have 14"wheel,
so must be common aftermarket supplier just like diff's lots of cars of different makes have same borgwarner diffs

peterwmh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 03:51:07 AM »

I would say that they're FB ones, that star pattern is exactly the same script as the FB stars on the front guard on Specials!

Peter

Never late with a 308!!!!
HAD 708

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 03:59:43 AM »

Heh Guys
They are definetly not Holden but an after market accessory for 50,s and 60,s motorists they and there like were quite common and were probably a take off look a like of the very popular and now rare Fiesta trims.
More than likely they wre more common on Falcons and Valiants and the like but were obviously still fitted to Holdens. They look quite Funky and definetly look the retro part.
Brett

Brett Gillard
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 07:58:56 AM »

Nope, ain't seen those ones b4, I have just (found) with the help of members & this site, a set of FB Spinner wheelcovers for my FC Std wagon.
But am still looking for the following (SEE ATTACHED PICTURES) wheelcovers for my other projects. Any help greatly appreciated. Will buy, dead or alive.
Regards, Gary
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2004, 08:50:55 AM »

Still lookin for these
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 08:51:45 AM »

and these
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2004, 08:54:57 AM »

this is the type I have located & have had re-chromed. Will post a pic of the finished item later
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2004, 12:11:36 PM »

One wonders, with that lion, if we aren't looking at different types of accessory Vauxhall Wheelcovers circa 1958-1963?

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2004, 12:35:48 PM »

The second of Zulu's pics are the rare Holden Nasco wheel trims.

Gary, if you ever look to part with that one, I could always use a backup spare in case I loose one off my car. Wink
Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 12:37:56 PM by custom_fc » Logged

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2004, 08:16:15 AM »

There is an FB or EK ute in the Echuca museum with the same trim rings on it.   I would agree with all that they are very rare and hard to get also Grin

Ken
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2004, 11:09:06 AM »

Here's something that may interest the "searchers", I got a letter the other day from a bloke who collected hubcaps and wheel trims as part of his business between 1967 and 1987. He claims to have many trims and caps, a lot of them rare, covering the Holden range up to the Commondores and many other makes.

Contact -
Fred Jarratt
Ph/Fax  8365 5226

gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2004, 08:47:24 PM »

Hi guys,
Thay are definitely not genuine Vauxhall either. The Vauxhall logo is not a lion, but a griffin, which is a mythical creature with the head, beak & wings of an eagle, the body of a lion, and the tail of a serpent or scorpion. I'll go along with the line that they are just an aftermarket accessory, albeit from the 50's & 60's.

Cheers,

Graham.
HAD 708

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2004, 09:33:46 PM »

Well done graham i have been racking my brains trying to place the creature on the center of those caps and griffin it is , good call! They are on a FB ute at Echuca that belonged to Rick Thompson who was a avid collecter swap meet junkie etc.
Brett

Brett Gillard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: