FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:03:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: More wrecks from ttv6fc  (Read 8327 times)
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2007, 08:10:34 PM »

Here are the cars I spoke about several months ago.Went back to get the rest of the bits today.Have added some numbers for Ken,Ret and anyone else who might be interested.Enjoy.Cheers,Jamie.

FE-225-34052-A
Trim 26-703
Paint 256-6332

FE-2297349-A
Trim 204-729
Paint 256-7481
+     253-7478

FC-225-4279-A
Trim 267-630
Paint 253-2037
+     256-2051

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 10:29:44 PM »

By the way,I didn't mention that I have removed the complete Tilly's,Continental kit,detroit flash from this FE and is for sale as I have no use for it.It is complete but is by no means perfect.I will clean it up and have a good look at it then post the details in the parts for sale section.Let me know if you are interested by PM.Cheers,Jamie.

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 11:39:59 PM »

I think Ed is still after the tailgate trim piece for his wagon, was there anything on the wreck?

Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 08:09:50 AM »

That FE with the Tilli kit would have been a pretty one Jamie, Frankston cream with red and parchment interior. The stripe would probably have been red?

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 10:15:16 AM »

I think Ed is still after the tailgate trim piece for his wagon, was there anything on the wreck?

thanks for thinking of me Stinky  Wink

Jamie, if you have the upper strip on the lower tailgate in saveable condition and willing to part with it.. I'm your guy.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 05:14:42 PM »

I'm interested in the stripe kit - let me know how much you want for it and what the condition is like

Thanks Ken
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 08:10:02 PM »

Hi guys.Yes John the stripe was red and I agree,it would have been a nice looking car.It also had a spotless set of scratch plates on it too (now safely stored!).I found the motor and driveline in a buggy nearby,complete with twin carbs on a Warneford manifold (now also safely stored) and extractors.Thanks Stinky.Hey Ed,bugger it,I knew you were looking for upper struts last week but didn't see the bit about the strip.The tailgate was in the open position,so I didn't look at it too much.I did look at the struts though,both very rusty and siezed up.Won't be back there for a while (260km round trip!).I might be able to get the property owner to have a look to make sure it's worth going back for.Ken,will give it a clean up and have a good look at it.Let you know when I have.Cheers,Jamie.

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 09:31:02 PM »

Thanks Jamie, is the rego number on the wagon BMC 784 ?

Ken
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 09:44:55 PM »

Ken,the rego is RNC-784.

Johns

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 12:20:24 PM »

Another rare one Ken, Teal over Elk Wink

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 06:52:29 PM »

RNC? is that unusual for NSW reg? I thought reg around FE FC was beginning with B in NSW.  You dont know the reg plates on the other cars do you?

Ken
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 09:52:48 PM »

Ken
I think you will find that all these cars are from South Australia as are the number plates and ID Plate & chassis codes.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 10:52:34 PM »

Sorry Ken,I'm in SA.All our early plates were R plates.Hope that didn't throw you off too much.Cheers,Jamie.

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 01:01:04 AM »

I think the FE/FCs would have originally come out with 5 digit plates and later 6 digit plates.
One of the FCs I have has a set of 5 digit plates.

Johns

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 04:04:09 PM »

In the early 50s, I'm not sure exactly when - I only know about NSW for sure - the States agreed to move from five digit/numeral number plates, six digits and In QLD a Q followed by up to six digits,  to a consistent three digit/three numeral series. The States were allotted blocks of digits. NSW received A - F (F was reserved for trucks) Vic had G - L (I don't think I or Q were issued anywhere initially, this occurred in the 70s when they were running out of plate series to issue), QLD had N - P, SA received R - T?, WA received U - W (?) and I'm guessing Tassie got X and maybe Z.

Not sure about the Territories, as they were under Commonwealth Control I think the series were different.

This kicked off in NSW in 1953, possibly for Vic and QLD at the same time (?). In terms of our cars there was some carry over of prefixes depending whether the cars were registered in the country or not. For example in Sydney the earliest FE plate I can remember was BCxxxxx, there were FJs with BBxxxx and BCxxxxx, whilst Geoff Klimpsch's cars registered in September 56 (?) in Wagga (?) were BAY.

My blue FE registered in September 56 in Bendigo was GNP, some of the press cars were GMH - obviously special order, although theoretically you couldn't do this then....I have seen an August QLD FE with NCM etc., etc.,

I'm not sure when SA went to the new style as I've seen lots of FE/FCs with 6 numeral plates.

All of which raised a question for me. I own a 1965 Fiat 1800B first registered in 1965. It is completely original including its SA plates which are 24-712. The front is aluminium, the rear is enamel. I know that at one time in SA stage you could - or did? - make up your own plate using numbers you were allocated. I believe the plate on my Fiat is much older than the car - does anyone know when it might have been issued?

Sorry to hijack your thread Jamie, I didn't think this was rivetting enough to be a stand alone Tongue

Can anyone expand on this?

Cheers
The Trainspotter Grin

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 05:44:27 PM »

Ah!!!!!!!!!!! SA plates - The wagon plate looked yellow which threw me, now I understand.

Ken
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2007, 11:21:19 PM »

Here's another one I found at a friends place a few months ago,finally got some photos yesterday and am going back to pick this car up in a couple of weeks with my mates tilt tray (the owner was going to crush it and send it off for scrap within a couple weeks before I found it).FC standard station sedan if you didn't already work that out.Still has a few good bits on it but no running gear at all (including diff or front end).All glass,grille,headlight surrounds,seats,door trims,bumpers and tailgates are still intact although not great (sitting on it's sills in the dirt)....

Cheers,Jamie.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: