FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:50:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Trimatic LINKAGES ??????  (Read 2422 times)
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2003, 01:51:14 AM »

I've done my usuall, and pulled the car apart into a million pieces, and then forget how to put it back together.

I need help in working out what Linkages are used form my EK AUTO Column to the TRIMATIC gearbox......I'm just about finished restoring the steering column assembly, when I now notice 2 linkages at the bottom of the column.....one is bolted to the column itself, the other to the internal gear selector rod......but I only recall seeing one linkage rod, and Ican;t work out why an auto would need to rods like the manuals had ?

Can anyone help in explainng what I do and don;t need, and can anyone point me in the direction of a diagram of the correct rod for mesurement purposes, as the books I have show FC columns, or MANUAL column and not AUTO's...

Cheers

mark
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 02:27:23 AM »

Hey Mark,
It sounds like a manual column from your description.
Regards ACE Cool
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 03:06:58 AM »

You may be right ACE, as I don't know the car's full history yet.....still learning as I go along.......so do I take it, that your'e saying, only MANUAL columns have to linkages on the bottom of the column, and AUTO's only need the one linkage that connects to the internal gear change rod Huh

Any pics or measurements I can find anywhere Huh

Thanks again

Mark
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2003, 04:06:48 AM »

Yep, Thats right Mark,
Autos only need the one linkage that connects to the gear lever tube.
There is a couple of paragraphs and a pic on the transmission shift linkage adjustment in the EK shop manual Part no 33099 7H-48 and 7H-49 I don't know that this will help as you are fitting a Trimatic.
ACE Cool
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2003, 04:20:28 AM »

Right again ACE.......every book I look at, has the HYDRAMATIC pictures in it......aaah the joys of swapping and changing bits on old cars !

Thanks for clearing up the 1 or 2 linkages for me.....who ever did the conversion on my FC, left the coloumn mounted linkage still attached, hence my confusion....just as well you cleared it up for me, as I was about to ship it off with all my other fiddly bits to get painted up !     Podantic I know, but I like to have everything looking new, even down to 2 pak painted linkages.....

Maybe there is no such linkage..(Column to Trimatic for FC ), as I did notice, my existing linkage has been cut and re-welded....

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: