FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:15:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: TRIPLE STOMBERG LINKAGES  (Read 1927 times)
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2003, 12:12:48 AM »

This may or may not interest a few of you, but I was in search for a set of new linkages for my triple stromberg CD150's.

I went to Holdens, Repco, Coventry's, Marlows, Supercheap Autos, the local car shop, Rare Spares and even the Redline Website....no one had ever seen them before. ( I should explain ), my old linkages are the type that joins between the butterfly (throttle) spindles of each carb, simply just a rod about 12cm long, with an 'S' shaped bracket on each end with a round hole on one side of the bracket for the rod to go in, and an oval type shape of the spindle on the other side.
They are a very simple and effective setup, but no-one had ever seen them before.....until I rang a carby service shop in my old home town ( Mandurah WA ), and the guy said...yep, no worries, I know exactly what you are looking for, $30, Done !

So if anyone else out there is looking for NEW linkages and are having the problems I had, let me know and I'll fix you up !

Cheers
Mark

P.S.    And Yes, they came in a REDLINE package....Huh
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 10:22:37 AM »

Any chance of posting a photo of the set up?

I have a dual set up with no linkages, and I always considered the link between the butterfly pivots to be the neatest solution.

Regards

Edward
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 10:05:22 PM »

Ed.....The photos are too big to post on forum....email me and I'll reply with attachments for you to open.

The photos are of the complete triple carb set up when I bought them, so they are a bit grubby and a bit hard to see, but I can email you a diagram that I drew up on my computer. showing what they look like.

The carb linkage kit that I talked about in this message thread, does in fact suit the TWIN downdraft strombergs.  The triples have a slightly larger spindle and of course, shorter rods between the carbs....but that was not a problem, I just carefully filed the holes bigger on the bracket ends to fit onto the spindles properly, and just cut a small length off the rod to fit the triple spacing as opposed to the twin spacing which is further apart.
But for twin strommies.....they fit perfectly....

Anyway, just email me ( markh@mccays.com.au ), and let me know, so I can email them to you instead of posting on the forum.  )

Cheers
Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: