FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 03:08:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: fc ute  (Read 7838 times)
rod67

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2010, 12:49:08 PM »

8)Hi pull the  fc ute apart looked good from outside to seat and carpet come out rust in front floor pans 2 cross members than come the good part front sub frame when that come out big chunk of drivers side corner come out i have owned the car for 14 years sorry forgot to mention this was all held in by bog or braised in steel plates over the rusted floor BIG LET DOWN ? To my question to go holden v8 if i run a stroker 308 say 500hp already have motor' will it pass nsw rego laws; thank you rod
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 06:01:57 PM »

308 is OK in NSW, 500 HP should be no problems, getting it under 92db might be a a little effort Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 06:54:44 PM »

yes, but don't tell 'em it's a stroker and hope they don't check
fcv85l

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 07:50:35 PM »

they wont check capacity and getting noise down for engineer is a piece of piss,v8 has the right sound,game ova
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 09:00:04 AM »

deja vu

in the shed
rod67

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 12:18:28 PM »

8)Hi just one more question been looking at pat gardener front end are they the way to go. other then hr front end .Thank you for the feed back rod67
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 07:22:29 PM »

they do check capacities, you may be ok with this as it looks like a 308 and you can have a 308 but a mate with a V8 LC torana who can only have a 253 had his engine capacity checked
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 07:36:58 PM »

they wont check capacity
I have had to show the engineer the engine with out head on so engineer could measure bore and stroke and then record engine number also have herd that some engineers do a volumetric check by filling a cylinder at BDC with a liquid to get cc's and convert that in to displacement  ......FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
rod67

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 09:39:20 PM »

Thank you for the feedback ;Can anyone give me a number of a engineer that would pass a 308 stroker in NSW thank you
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 09:45:46 PM »

Try Kevin he lives Central Cost  but comes to Sydney every Wednesday  I will PM you his number don't think it is a good idea to post his number with out his consent ......FC427......

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »

Thank you for the feedback ;Can anyone give me a number of a engineer that would pass a 308 stroker in NSW thank you

good luck...

From my experience, I had some engineers simply refuse to sign off on any V8 into old Holden based on their personal opinion, to others who would sign off so long as the build met their criteria of a safe modification.

I would involve an engineer from the project plan right thru to rego and tell him your intention to engineer your ride to a level "above the minimum requirement" to plan for potential "engine improvements".

this way your engineer can probably ask you to incorporate key safety factors during the build.

If you simply rock up and say that you want to put a 355 or 383 into an FC, I can bet your answer is going to be NO.

If you rock up and say that you want to put a 355 or 383 into an FC, I can bet your answer is going to be NO.

But if you present a well thought out plan and justify your rationale for the build, you will further your chances.

hope this helps.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
NIFFTY

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 08:29:23 PM »

Anyone that even contemplates getting a product from pat gardener should be very concerned, I got a sump that had to be reworked twice,front engine mounts that had to be reworked and a mate bought a front end that popped his inner guards because the welding of the shock absorber mounts were wrong and pat gadner did f--k all when he was told of the problem,be warned big time
ofc304

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 07:08:04 AM »

i spoke to a qld tac with the asrf and was told can put up to 314 cubes it fc 2 eh, at wintersun there were ehs with blown 350s 1 with a gen 3 pushing limits will result in no v8s in early holdens
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: