FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:09:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 4hammers` new Norman Supercharger  (Read 7247 times)
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2003, 04:41:40 AM »

Hi all.
Well, I decided to take one of these new fangled Digital Cameras for a test drive. It belongs to my Nephew & is a tiny little thing made by Sony. So, I have been asked a few time for a shot of my Norman. Here is the latest watercooled. It is a 70 series. Beautiful.
I tried to take a photo of myself & have succeeded in scorching my retina with the laser aiming device. I am still seeing a big red spot.

Hope you like it.
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
craiga
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 04:51:11 AM »

Rob,

That looks absolutely fantastic. I would loooooove to hear it running one day, the sound of a Supercharged grey would be something to tell your Grandkids about.

Now can you take us a few photos of the rest of your shed  Wink

Cheers,

Craig.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2003, 05:08:38 AM by craiga » Logged
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2003, 07:02:03 AM »

Thanks, Craig.
It is set up on a dummey block as you can see, but it is all ready to go into the wagon to get it all sweet. I scored a magneto for it as well, but that will be passed on to someone who is doing up a famous racer & needs it more than me.
I took a couple more shots, but then the memory stick (?) was telling me it was full.
I plan to get a few shots of the Copcar in the next week or so. Then I will post some more.
Here is a front on shot of the Norman.
Rob J

Hmm, I can't get it to go the right way up? Any advice?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2003, 07:04:02 AM by 4hammers » Logged

craiga
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2003, 07:40:22 AM »

Rob,

I can't get it to go the right way up? Any advice?

Too easy, just lay on your side!!

Here it is, all fixed.

Hurry up and get a shot of that Copcar, and anything else you have got hidden away!!

Cheers,

Craig.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2003, 07:40:59 AM by craiga » Logged
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2003, 07:50:29 AM »

YEAH   I'M WITH CRAIG
HEY ROB , HOW CAN YOU BE SO PATIENT?

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
Revhead_Fc
nsw-club

Model: FC

just put a chev in it

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2003, 10:44:45 AM »

That looks AWESOME mate id even consider putting a grey back in my ute if I had one of them  and a repco head.  Cant wait to see how it goes

See Ya

Ben
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2003, 11:16:11 AM »

It is set up on a dummey block as you can

Hmm my turn Rob, where is the alloy big block canadian,or is "dummey" secret tassie code Roll Eyes

It looks bloody beautiful, hope it was worth getting rid of all your treasures for.
See Ya
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2003, 06:32:41 PM »

Thanks guys.
No, that is the Canadian, Dummey (Hmm, I spelt that wrong, but it will do!) is a secret code we use down here to hide the fact it is a "Special" block.
Funny you should mention a Repco Crossflow, Ben. That is one of the reasons I sold my ute, I have a fully recoed one in my sights & the owner is keen to sell to a Tasmanian modifier!! That would be me!! If & when I get it, I will post pic's with the Norman. What a motor that will be.
Rob J

robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2003, 08:14:46 PM »

what a cop car that will be!!

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2003, 11:36:22 PM »

Hi Rob
Looking good mate. It is a pity we did not meet while I was in Tassy. I would have loved to see your collection, and if the ute was up for sale back then we could have talked my wife into letting me buy it lol.

Keep the photo's coming. Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2003, 03:59:22 AM »

Hi.
Yes, Jim. It was a pity. I was hoping to catch up & you were only 2 minutes away. But, work got a bit crazy & I am the "Fix it" man, so I got a bit sidetracked. I just totally fogot you were down. It would have been great for someone on this forum to actually sight my stuff & confirm I am not a "Cyberspace collector". My goodies do exist.
Next time you come down, I hope to have the Copcar going & we  can go for a spin. I have got the posting of pictures on this site down pat, so all I have to do is work out how to post the sound of a Blown Grey doing it's thing. The bottom pulley will be here on Monday & with a bit of luck, it will be set up on the wagon by next weekend.
Rob J

fc4me

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2003, 08:55:58 AM »

Hi Rob,lookin good!Very Good! What sort of boost pressure are you thinking of running!
                                        Regards
                                                    Mark
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2003, 10:21:35 AM »

Hi Mark.
This set up, with the pulleys it has now, will give approx 10-12lbs boost. I plan to go a bit more, but will have to get the motor up to scratch first. I also have an Olbis 12 square inch mechanical fuel injection set up. This set up mounts directly onto my old Methanol Aircooled blower, but will need a special manifold built to mount it onto my watercooled 70. This is where it gets a bit too technical for me. I will get a fella down here who has a Repco headed Buchannan Holden to suss it for me. That will be one option for the Copcar, if the other Crossflow doesn't come through.
I was talking to a fella from Victoria (His name was "Chips",----- True!!), & he recalls a black FJ that had a Norman & a Repco Crossflow  a few years back (about 20 I think!!). This used to flog a lot of the big V8's. Plenty of work to get it to do that though.
I will get some shots of my Olbis set up as well. Hopefully someone can give me some more info on the company.
Rob J

FE_225

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2003, 01:08:05 PM »

Hey Rob
Very cool!
When you pull it to bits, can you measure up the log and liner for me please? I'm curious to see how Eldred turned a 65 into a 70. Don't forget to send me all the numbers off it for my records too please.
What size SU is it?
12 psi boost is more than enough, any more you'll be changing blown head and manifold gaskets on a regular basis....been there ,done that, becomes a pain in the bum after a while.

Don't spose you need the pulley and tensioner off the old alky blower now, do you Huh Willing to swap a rare and cool grey bit for them   Wink

Cheers
Tony

Worried about fuel economy?....Then buy a push bike!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: