FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:13:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: how much?  (Read 1626 times)
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« on: December 15, 2005, 10:27:01 AM »

i got talking to a older chap at work today turns out his wife still owns her fathers original FC, bought  when new. but the time has come when she wishes to part company with it.

now i know this question has been asked a dozen times or more, but this chap is unsure of a starting price to put on this car and im hoping i can list the car here so it can go to a deserving home.
the few details i got from him today sound really interesting

Car has been in the one family its entire life with 68,000 original miles on the clock, interior still smells like new and is in excellent cond, mechanically sound ( he works within a vehicle conservation/ restoration dept) the car has had only one accident, an apprentice backed a 4wd into the taillight, this was repaired professionally. the only things he says are wrong with it is  that the original paint is tired and could do with a respray and it needs a boot badge.  Smiley Wink

i will get some more details and hopefully some pics from him very soon but in all honesty where would be a good starting price??
im hoping soomeone here can help me.

cheers heaps
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 10:58:33 AM »

Realistically, any car that needs a paint job will struggle to get good money since repainting is a major cost.  Depends on how bad the paint looks but maybe 4K is a good start point if paint is reasonable to fair.  I assume no reg at present?
65000 miles is a good basis for a resto project, but a respray will add 1000's to the all up bill in the end.

Ken
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 11:06:59 AM »

Hi Dean.
You will have to get some photos before you have any chance of getting a REAL price idea. Also, it pays for someone who really has some idea of what an FCs good or bad points are before trying to estimate. I drove a 400K round trip recently for a one owner, EH ute in mint condition. This is how the owner decribed it, as it was his Grand-Dads car. They wanted $5,000. I turned straight around after looking at it for 3 minutes. Car was garbage, but the owner really thought it was spot on. I would not have given them $500 for it.

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 12:48:05 AM »

thanks for that guys, 4k was roughly what i was thinking of a price for him to start, but as you both said it is a bit hard to guesstimate a price without actually seeing the car.

but at least this gives him somewhere to work with.
he mentioned yesterday that as far as spares go there are a few including another set of original rims and tyres, aparently the spare is the original spare.

hopefully i can get some pics and details for the forum and some ID info for you ken.

thanks again
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 07:59:09 AM »

;)as i say its only worth what someone is willing to pay!!!A 4K car can very quickly turn into a 8k car by the time u paint it,do the brakes ,tyres,exhaust, clutch so on and so on,as i found out recently when i put my fc up for sale for 5k and most the mechanical work had been done but it still needed paint,which turned most people of,which i cant understand cause id rather see exactly what i was buying than buy something which had been given the bog and jam treatment!!!to me 4 grand sounds quite resonable for the fc you have described,good luck with your mission!!jamie Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: