FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:17:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wiper Buttons  (Read 12375 times)
stapla

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 03:18:21 PM »

Thanks Zulu.

Thankfully I had already worked out the light switch shaft removal (not on my own though) - had to resort to the bible (manual).  The manual is so well detailed that it saves me posting as many stupid questions on this site.

Was just trying to get the button off the shaft but I guess they are pressed / moulded on and not supposed to come off.

Cheers
Peter.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 10:22:15 PM »

No the button doesn't come off the shaft without wrecking it.

Ken
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 11:08:51 AM »

Thankfully I had already worked out the light switch shaft removal (not on my own though) - had to resort to the bible (manual).  The manual is so well detailed that it saves me posting as many stupid questions on this site.

Was just trying to get the button off the shaft but I guess they are pressed / moulded on and not supposed to come off.

I don't think there would be too many people on this site that didn't get stuck on that one the first time, definately had me stumped on my first FC until i got a manual.
                                                          Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
Trevor_B
vic-club

Model: FC

Melbourne VIC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 01:53:45 PM »

Yep, these things can be tricky to the un-initiated, that's why we have started a "show & tell" session at the Vic Club meetings - and what did we start off with first - the dash including the removal of headlight knob & shaft, ignition barrel/switch (with the trusty piece of wire) etc. Nascohunter had great fun that night  Wink
Next meeting it's wiper arms and fittings - that circlip at the wiper motor can be tricky for some.

Trevor_B

FC Sedan, Ute & Wagon .... only a Panel Van required to make the set
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: