FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:53:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Stainless Fuel tanks arriving soon!  (Read 20139 times)
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2004, 07:35:00 PM »

Well I am actually considering a similar conversion for my radically chopped EK Van... ( it sits way to low to fit one of my stainless petrol tanks ...even though it cleared sucessfully getting on and of the trailer for the hot rod show..)
I was considering using one of the triple tanks they use in Falcon Wagons .(60 litre) I am still kicking myself for not buying one at a swap meet - complete setup - new for $100 ! Bugger..... The fact is the gas tanks have to be ADR approved and the stainless gas tanks of old are frowned upon severly.. best thing to do is chat to the gas tank companies and find out what they recomend. I have a sheet here some where that lists all the different sizes and dimensions - so when I find out the most suitable I will get back to you...

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2004, 07:49:17 PM »

The progress report on the testing of the stainless tanks is as follows:  the Ute has performed flewlessly with  new tank fitted - with and with out heavy loads. The tank shows no sins of leaking or getting thumped from its slightly lower position in the vehicle (and my ute is lowered!)  The fuel sender is perfect and the calibrations of sender adjustment have worked out perfectly. So I am confident enough to release the Ute /van /wagon versions now- so all those who wanted one place your orders now. The sedan tank filler is still being worked on and my fabricator has been busy catching up with other work. It will follow soon. Cheers streetneat. Cool

Matthew Bennett
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2004, 06:31:39 AM »

Streetneat you are a genius!
Would love to stick my hand up for an Ek wagon tank - for new project EK auto wagon, 5.0L EFI (ex VR Comm) and auto box etc, while you are messing around will you be playing with the earlier 48/FJ tanks? I have a daily driver FJ sedan (stocko) that would love one as well!!
Contact details are as follows
Cheers
Matt
(0431) 444-848
fjboys@ihug.com.au
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2004, 07:16:36 PM »

Gday Matty... You may contact me direct on (07) 3206 0340  or 0412 032 239.
The similarities of the FX/FJ tanks is very likely that we will be doing these too.... I just need a FJ and tank...to trial fit one into so if any one has a rusty arsed FJ that they want to donate and tank please let me know.... It is only needed to be in good enough order for the tank to be trial fitted into. If some one has one ring me on the obove numbers... If you seriously want a tank Matt for you wagon - let me know what fittings extra you require so as we can install these into the tank I am doing a tank for ED's FC wagon and his just requires two dash six fittings. . Also let me know what fuel guage you are requiring as we are making the senders to suit the standard fuel guage ( 0 - 30 ohms )
cheers Streetneat..... Cool

ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2004, 05:18:57 AM »

Hey Streetneat,
I'm pretty sure a FX-FJ sedan tank is the same as a FE-FC sedan and only the neck is different. Wink
Regards ACE Cool
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2004, 03:40:46 AM »

.. after receiving my stainless tank last week, can only say the workmanship is impressive. what's more it's going to be a no brainer to fit up.

Havent fit it up yet, as there is alot of dusty work going on atm, and the diff still has to come out for a lick of paint, dont see why it wont fit perfectly tho, even the bolts are supplied.

Nice product Marty and thanks streetneat for the development and marketing work.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2004, 08:12:30 AM »

Glad you liked it Ed ... Marty certainly knows his trade - which is why  we use him.  All my effort to this stage has been voluntary to kick Marty off  and any more orders can be directed through myself and I will pass them onto Marty. We will be developing tanks for FX/FJ (now I have bought an FX )  and strangely enough - LJ Toranas share a similar tank....
Cheers Streetneat Cool
« Last Edit: July 06, 2004, 08:15:07 AM by streetneat » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: