FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:11:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: HR Draglink - EH sump clearance  (Read 2591 times)
xskywalkerx

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2007, 10:29:10 AM »

Hey there - I've read every article on this site regarding the HR draglink conversion from the original FC unit, and am wondering if anyone has encountered clearance issues with the HR draglink and the EH sump at full lock? Maybe it's just the way my engine mounts are set up, but upon mocking it all up, the draglink wasn't clearing the sump at full lock... - I hadn't done a full wheel alignment - just mock up. Like I said, this just could be the positioning of my engine & not having the alignment fulling pulled in, I thought I'd ask, just in case anyone else ran into clearance issues. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated. - regards - Luke.
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 10:50:23 AM »

when my car was engineered, the engineer checked it and it cleared, however when i pulled out my motor i noticed a dent on each side from the steering arms, it could depend on were your engine mounts are welded on too i guess.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 11:37:24 AM »

It also depends on how high (or low) the engine is mounted as well.
Mine does not hit the sump at all and there are no dints in the sump

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: